Save File for All?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save File for All?

should we share the save file with everyone?
    Yes, Always. We can trust our People
    44.44%
    Yes, but only between terms.
    33.33%
    No, Never. This empire is corrupt and we canno trust anyone.
    22.22%
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Between the terms. It would be to mush save posting otherwise.

However, if big changes happen additional saves might be posted during terms. (Also depends a little on the term length I think)
    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

about the mid-term option:

i put it there because i thought that it would be nie to allow the people to see what a previous regime has done in their term.

it would grant them access to information that they normally wouldnt see, ie the corruption rates in each city, etc.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

well, i voted (for yes to all the people), but i might wanna change my mind

for the ministers/advisors, yes, definately. but now that I think about it more.. perhaps the voting group should only be allowed glimpses at how the nation is doing? After all, the public of a nation is never granted full priviledge to information.
        Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

well, the advisors would take screenshots of important information and share them with the people, but the SAV file would give them all the niformation they need.

Comment

Always. I think it would be no fun (even if it is realistic) to not let people see it. Also, they can make more informed votes instead of being led arounsd by the ministers.
            "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
            -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

No, I don't think so.
              Punkbass, screenshots don't lie! You can still see what's going on. Just have each minister posts a few screens of what he's up to, and, say, the president or someone can post screenshots of the map, battles, etc. I just don't like the idea of the file being out there for anyone and everyone to look at... who's to say that people won't look at it?

Comment

There is a lot that cannot be discerned from a screenshot. What's the problem with people looking at it?
                "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"

Comment

ooh.. we should have a random draw.. and whoever is in government for the picked term would HAVE to be corrupt...

release doctored screenies.. do things against the wishes of the people, spend money uselessly... would be fun and a bit of the game we would all have to plan for/recover from.. ya know, for fun!
                  Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by punkbass2000
                    There is a lot that cannot be discerned from a screenshot. What's the problem with people looking at it?
                    What if someone who casually looks at the file in the editor somehow manages to find out the entire layout of the landmass, as well as the locations of all the other civs, then becomes a minister or president? Might that be a problem?

Comment

As a fascinated observer I think it would be cool to be able to watch your progress.
                      "What can you say about a society that says that God is dead and Elvis is alive?" Irv Kupcinet

"It's easy to stop making mistakes. Just stop having ideas." Unknown

Comment

Originally posted by Trip

What if someone who casually looks at the file in the editor somehow manages to find out the entire layout of the landmass, as well as the locations of all the other civs, then becomes a minister or president? Might that be a problem?
                        Yeah. if someone looks at it in the editor. What if the president does that? We can't stop people from being corrupt, but I think we can trust people here. I've never encountered this problem.

Comment

You can trust elected people more than you can the regular populuce. That's why we in America have a representative democracy, and not a republic. If we think that the president or another advisor might look at the file, then we don't have to elect him.

Comment

Originally posted by Trip
                            You can trust elected people more than you can the regular populuce.
                            Um, I don't agree with this at all.

Comment

but it's fun to pretend. I don't think It should be available to anyone except the minsters. Giving it to the public, as I have already stated, will make the minister reports useless and the demo-game boring.

Comment

Working...
                              X