Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ninot
    uhh, i dont think i agree with any of the choices

i want cities named originally at first, but after the first few cycles of government, we name cities after people who did well in government.. like a succesful military advisor, or President.

Also, i think we should rename all cities we conquer.
    I like this idea but can not vote for it. Could Ninot's suggestion be added to the poll?
    Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

No city naming after citizens. Let's be a bit more creative.

Comment

I agree with Sir Ralph. Certainly there are those of us creative enough to make up some at least half-decent city names.

However, if someone does do something significant for the empire, they should have a city named after them, altered to sound like a city. Though it should be a city that was built around the time the event happened, or a city conquered from one of the AI civs.
        "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
        "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
        "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Usually (like in the Civ 2 Demo Game), the current President has the liberty of choosing the city names (after all, he is more than a drone ). But I suppose he/she could have periodic votes for certain things.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
            uhh, i dont think i agree with any of the choices

i want cities named originally at first, but after the first few cycles of government, we name cities after people who did well in government.. like a succesful military advisor, or President.

Also, i think we should rename all cities we conquer.
            You've got my support! Plus, name cities after battles/events like Uber said
            My Website: www.geocities.com/civcivciv2002/index.html
            My Forums: http://pub92.ezboard.com/bacivcommunity

Comment

I think this poll is basically... useless. We won't keep the default names no matter what, and the President will have to name them after something, be it great leaders of the Republic, important battles, etc.

Comment

Name them after citizens/ministers who do well for our country.

But allow those citizens to name the city themselves - so they can name it with their apoly name, real name, dog's name, etc... whatever.
                Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
                Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
                Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
                Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

i didn't think about the presidents choosing, i just wanted to know if people would like to have citys named after them and if they didn't like it they could just vote no and talk on the thread about ideas of the president choosing and whatever.
                  Help negate the vegiterian movement!
                  For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

When a new city is going to be built, there should be some talking abot ideas for cityname, and then short after a poll...This way the people also have something to say when founding a new city. Though when coming up with some ideas, it shouldn't be allowed for one person to come up with an idea with another persons name...
                    This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                    X