No announcement yet.

Number of terms in a row allowed.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Roosevelt didnt stay because there was war. He stayed because there was no limit.
    "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
      Roosevelt didnt stay because there was war. He stayed because there was no limit.
      Yup, he stayed because no one told him he couldn't.
      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I vote for 3 terms for reasons already stated.

Comment

we dont want people serving forever. this is a "democracy" game right. my vote: three terms

Comment

The maximum should be for one post, i.e. three terms as Foreign Minister and then you have to either not run or run for a different post.

Comment

3 consecutive terms, unlimited overall

Comment

How amny turns are one term? When I know that, I'll vote.
                Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
                I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
                Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

I vote unlimited terms. Let them stay as long as they have the unconditional support of the people. The people will decide when they want someone else in.
                  "Corporation, n, An ingenious device for obtaining individual profit without individual responsibility." -- Ambrose Bierce
                  "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." -- Benjamin Franklin
                  "Yes, we did produce a near-perfect republic. But will they keep it? Or will they, in the enjoyment of plenty, lose the memory of freedom? Material abundance without character is the path of destruction." -- Thomas Jefferson

Comment

unlimited total
                    maximum 3 in a row

for example,
                    you can be there for 3 terms, way 1, another 3, away 1, another 3, away 1, ad infinitum... just never more than 3 in a row
                    Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
                    Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
                    Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
                    Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

YES. after my successful early military campaigns, the people will never vote me out
                      "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
                      - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
                        YES. after my successful early military campaigns, the people will never vote me out
                        Until I oust you.

Comment

Originally posted by Nikolai
                          How amny turns are one term? When I know that, I'll vote.

Check the poll at:

If its going to be a month real time I think there should be a one term limit.
                          For your photo needs:
                          http://www.canstockphoto.com?r=146

Sell your photos

Comment

as long as we the people support them i reckon let them stay. we can always get rid of them.

Comment

As long as they have support, so we get some flow

Comment

Working...
                              X