No announcement yet.

Constitutional Convention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We don't like the word "Constitution" being used to describe it, punkbass. Perhaps our definitions differ, but to me "Constitution" suggests a set of strict laws around which everything is based. What we have in the Civ2 game (and what I favour here) is NOT such a strict document, but a set of guidelines laid down so that ppl know who should do what. It is this Minister's responsibility to do this... and if someone else does it, no big deal - as long as SOMEone does. There are very few absolutes, and they are only there whilst they have the ppl's support.

In brief, these rules need to be able to be voted on whenever it is necessary to make any changes. Surely a "Constitution" is not nearly so malleable!
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Maybe we should call it the Articles of the Apolytonian Confederation instead.

Comment

Originally posted by MrWhereItsAt
        We don't like the word "Constitution" being used to describe it, punkbass. Perhaps our definitions differ, but to me "Constitution" suggests a set of strict laws around which everything is based. What we have in the Civ2 game (and what I favour here) is NOT such a strict document, but a set of guidelines laid down so that ppl know who should do what. It is this Minister's responsibility to do this... and if someone else does it, no big deal - as long as SOMEone does. There are very few absolutes, and they are only there whilst they have the ppl's support.

In brief, these rules need to be able to be voted on whenever it is necessary to make any changes. Surely a "Constitution" is not nearly so malleable!
        I suppose it's just semantics, really.
        "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
        -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

Even though I proposed a constitution, I feel that the Civ2 Demo Game has shown that it is unnecessary. We just need a few mutually understood rules about elections, and then we're set.

Comment

skywalker!

To paraphrase and maybe clarify what I said earlier, the difference between a constitution and what MWIA compiled is that a constitution is created prior to its application, whereas what MWIA made was in retrospect.

Comment

I don't know what gave you the impression that a constitution is created that way, but dictionary.com defines a consitution as:

The system of fundamental laws and principles that prescribes the nature, functions, and limits of a government or another institution.
              The document in which such a system is recorded.
              Constitution The fundamental law of the United States, framed in 1787, ratified in 1789, and variously amended since then.
              "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
              -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

First of all, what the heck is the AAACC3?
                Secondly, I think that we simply need an outine of the responsibilities of each cabinet member and the rules in general to prevent power grabbing and make sure everyone is on par. Nothing too formal, just write down in simple language the above.
                Est-ce que tu as vu une baleine avec un queue taché?
                If you don't feel the slightist bit joyful seeing the Iraqis dancing in the street, then you are lost to the radical left. If you don't feel the slightest bit bad that we had to use force to do this, then you are lost to the radical right.

Comment

Trevman:

check this thread It appears that the talks have moved here.

Minister (and other governmental staff) Duties
                  Accidently left my signature in this post.

Comment

AAACC3: Association of Apolytonians Against a Constitution of Civ 3

Comment

Working...
                    X