Constitutional Convention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Constitutional Convention

Here is the thread where we shall draw up a set of rules and rights for our glorious empire. anyone can propose anything, and we shall debate it out.

Example Questions:

How long should the regimes rule for?
    Is it going to be based on turns? or Days?

Example Proposal:

The Structure of the game itself should coinside with the government form during the game. the people should have more of a say in a Republic or Democracy, and during a Despotism, the Leader and his cabinet could completely ignore their people.

DEBATE ON MY MINIONS!
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
    - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

some issues i want to throw out there:

re-election and multiple terms:
    how many times should a person be allowed to be re-elected?

could the Foriegn Minister serve his full term (if there are term limits) and then run for president?
    "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
      how many times should a person be allowed to be re-elected?
      Poll posted.

could the Foriegn Minister serve his full term (if there are term limits) and then run for president?

I suggest this, however, maybe a poll for it could be in order. You want to do that?

(Heck, how could I miss this thread...)
      Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

I propose that it be the right of every citizen of our great empire to have access to the main save file of our game. This right shall never be denied or resticted.

Comment

The following powers shall be granted to the following offices, pending approval. Anything written here can be subject to change after debate.

President:
          The President shall physically play the game after conducting polls, referring to his advisors, and generally checking with his people.

The President shall be granted the power to veto any action that was passed with less than 50% of the vote, so long as the Vice President agrees, and backs him. He may call for a re-vote with a detailed explination of why he vetoed the action. The veto cannot be overturned, but if the revote yields similiar result, the President must go with the will of the people.

The President shall have the power to call for a vote to change our Government type. The vote must pass with a 2/3 majority.

Vice President:
          ::under construction::

Science Advisor
          The Science Advisor is given the power to choose which advances to research, and which path on the tech tree we travel. He has the power to create polls for all of his powers, but is NOT obligated to FOLLOW them. He has the power to choose on his own what is best for our nation.

The Science Advisor is granted the power to offer/accept deals reguarding the exchange of Technology.

Foriegn Advisor
          The Foriegn Advisor manages all the treaties of our game.

The Foriegn Advisor is granted the power to make/accept peace, declare war, offer/accept Mutual Protection Pacts, offer/accept Right of Passage Agreements, and offer/accept Military Alliances.

Trade Advisor
          The Trade Advisor manages all international trade.

The Trade Advisor is granted the power to make/accept Trade Embargos.

The Trade Advisor is granted the power to offer/accept deals reguarding the exchange of luxury or strategic resources.

(NOTE: The Science Advisor and the Trade Advisor both play a role in Diplomacy. The Science Advisor would have to say "I allow you to trade Nationalism at free will", if the Trade Advisor wanted to trade Nationalism for Dyes) Shall we amend this?

Military Advisor
          The Military Advisor is in charge of all military planning.

The Military Advisor is granted the power to make polls on the # of cities dedicated to making military units.

The Military Advisor is granted the power to set up the army's strategy. He tells what troops to move where, and which battles to engage.

The Military Advisor is granted the power to request that the Foriegn Minister Demand Tribute from an enemy civ.

The Military Advisor is granted the power to take part in the Negotiation of any Trade including the signing of a Peace Treaty, Mutual Protection Pact, or a Right of Passage agreement. (Foriegn Advisor calls the shots, but the Military Advisor must have his voice heard)

i'm tired. someone do the VP, City Planner, Imp. Expansion, and Historian.

Comment

Re: Constitutional Convention

Originally posted by UberKruX
            Example Proposal:

The Structure of the game itself should coinside with the government form during the game. the people should have more of a say in a Republic or Democracy, and during a Despotism, the Leader and his cabinet could completely ignore their people.
            If you hadnt noticed, its a democracy game, a real despot wouldnt even wait to be elected but start playing the game, pronounce himself leader and post saves from time to time.

Comment

The President shall have the power to call for a vote to change our Government type. The vote must pass with a 2/3 majority.
              51% should be enough for a gouverment change.

The ****** Advisor is granted the power etc
              All advisors have the power to advise the president

Some suggestions:

Vice President:

The vice president is in charge of holding elections and supreme advisor to the president.

Imp. Expansion

Is in charge of placing new city's and roadbuilding.

City Planner

Is in charge of resources, Irrigation and improvements.

Comment

I propose that all polls shall be open no less than 2 days to account for multiple time zones / missed days. it is the right of every citizen to have the ability to vote at his or her leisure.

Comment

No drafting constitutions!! I say just make a post where the rules will be posted when they are made.

BURN IT

p.s. Do political parties exist in this democratic game?

Comment

KruX, what made you the uber organizer?

Oh, and a constitution is good. It prevents the game from turn out of hands once started. Wee need to make one, and make sure that people agree to it. Then it shall not be as easy to edit...
                    Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by Gramphos
                      KruX, what made you the uber organizer?
                      i wanted to feel popular, now youve gone and hurt my feelings!

Comment

Can the first despot remain in power forever if he keeps the Despotism?

Comment

I suggest it is allowed for candidates to pay their citizens for their vote.

PS:
                          Payments may be made directly upon my bankaccountnumber or be made payable by check.
                          Franses (like Ramses).

Comment

This may be taking the easy way out (well, not 'maybe') but I think we should borrow a lot from the CivFanatics demogame Constitution because it's really quite good, it's had many revisions to improve it, it will give us a starting point, making up a whole new constitution will be time consuming and exhaustive and will probably need many overhauls when new things come up and we can change any parts we don't like anyway.
                            "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
                            -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

I'd suggest we could have a Intelligence Minister, or something like this. The IM is in charge of all things related to open Embassies with another powers and can decide how espionage would be handled.

He also manages our explorer units (that can be used to gather information about enemy troops).

If we don't want to make him a Minister since the beginning, he would start as a Secretary and then his position would be updated to Minister once the Intelligence Agency is built.

Any ideas?
                              I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
                              X