No announcement yet.

Constitutional Convention

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The important difference between what MWIA posted and a constitution is that what he did was just summarize what was understood about how it worked. We never sat down and made a constitution, but we understood it well enough that, as you see, we could write it out with our rules if we wanted too!

Comment

Fellow AAAC member(s) - I maintain that the above is just a collection of rules - there are no set penalties for their violation at the Civ2 game, we have dealt with non-appearance of Ministers as it happened, for example.

Perhaps the ppl here want a penalty to be incurred upon violators of the rules, and that does not constitute a strict Constitution, merely an enforcement of the rules.

The rule is what is decided by polling - it can be "bent", but only if the ppl do not object (maybe the circumstances during play favoured a different course of action than what the ppl decided), and the Ministers/President would be responsible for the outcomes of not following the ppl.
      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

only playing and reloading (if we decide not to preserve the random seed) would need any punishment. The others are just how it works, putting a poll for somehting your not in charge of or whatever else you could do in violation shouldnt be considered a crime, only an innocent mistake

Comment

Oh, and for anyone browsing this thread who may not want a constitution (or does ), go here and vote on it.

Comment

Why'd you add that parenthetical remark??

Comment

Alas, I must be a man of the people, I am a politician after all.
              Giving everyone every choice is my natural inclination, you should know better.

Comment

LOL, I am too, another major policy of the AAACC3 is supporting the will of the people at almost all costs...

Comment

*Slams his fist on the table*

The AAACC3 is known for letting corruption run rampant, and letting cultural gaps form throughout our empire. The IP will not stand for this!

Comment

???

Don't listen to him! He's making up stuff, the game hasn't even started and you haven't been active if even a member of the civ2 game so how would you know what the AAAC has done?

Comment

Didn't we form just 15 mins ago? I challenge the Honourable Trip to substantiate those allegations.
                      Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Cause... Uhhh...

The 8ball told me!

Comment

ok, I'm calling this a night, see everyone tomorrow morning!

Comment

It's a constitution to me.
                            "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
                            -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

NO IT IS NOT A CONSTITUTION *collects self* I'll explain why...

1)It was made as we went along, Comrade MrWIA was nice enough to just start collecting all of the rules made and made them into a list.

2)It is still under construction as rules are made or changed, we add or remove them.

3)A constitution would be created before a game, and before we experience anything. It would go like this; making the rules, debating them, changing them, debating some more, and than making it official. a very time consuming process, and the main reason so many oppose it.

It is NOT a constitution, merely a collection of rules.

Comment

Originally posted by Space05us
                                NO IT IS NOT A CONSTITUTION *collects self* I'll explain why...

1)It was made as we went along, Comrade MrWIA was nice enough to just start collecting all of the rules made and made them into a list.
                                [/b]

I don't see why the means of compilation is valid criteria

2)It is still under construction as rules are made or changed, we add or remove them.
                                This doesn't mean it's not a consitution either.

3)A constitution would be created before a game, and before we experience anything. It would go like this; making the rules, debating them, changing them, debating some more, and than making it official. a very time consuming process, and the main reason so many oppose it.

What MWIA wrote already has been created, thus it has been created before the game. The debate can continue during the game. The constitution is malleable.

[b]It is NOT a constitution, merely a collection of rules.
                                Same thing. Your definition of 'constitution' is too narrow, IMO.
                                "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
                                -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

Working...
                                X