Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I be vice-president

Comment

I would go for vp, but I have very similar view as those of space05us and don't want to draw votes away from him, so i'll go for science advisor. I'll be in Utah from june 28-july 10 so my deputy will have to take over during that time though...

Comment

Let's keep things simple, else we'll take forever on all our first decisions. As for Ministers, we don't need any more than the ones specified in the poll that has been put up. Air Force, Navy etc Ministers? Maybe we will need them if the Minister of War is getting overworked, but surely that can wait until we are actually at the point.

Am I the only one who doesn't want things overly complex??????!!?!?
        Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Agreed. For now let's keep things simple. If the need arises for more ministers, then the current ministers can vote on it and a new office can be created.

Comment

Edited: I will be travelling for part of this term so I am dropping my candidacy for all positions (for now at least...)
            Last edited by Adc; June 10, 2002, 14:26.

Comment

MWIA: I agree. The only position I think should be added is public works, because workers are so important in civ3 vs in civ2...

Comment

My god that's a lot of posts... I know I'm new at this but still! At any rate, I'll run for Minister of Imperial Expansion if it still exists in the final list of official ministerial (that a word?) positions.
                "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs even though checkered by failure, than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy nor suffer much because they live in the gray twilight that knows neither victory nor defeat." -- Theodore Roosevelt

Comment

Originally posted by Adc
                  I'm going for president, since I've seen only one candidate and I believ some competition is healthy.
                  Oh, I'd also like to run for City Planner and Science advisor, if one can run for several offices.
                  Of course you can, there are no rules.
                  "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
                  -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

I would also like to announce my intention to run as Minster of Imperial Expansion.

I feel I would be ideal for this position as I am an avid Civ 3 player and take great pride in my city placement ability .

I value proper city placement for long-term expansion, but do not follow this line of thinking as rigidly as some do. I understand the importance of balancing short term needs with long term benfits.

Vote for Timeline, and put our nation in line for building cities that stand the test of time .
                    Last edited by Timeline; June 10, 2002, 01:49.

Comment

• MrWIA I think you should go for Military advisor!

Comment

• I think a party member in office is always good . MWIA has also been quite instrumental in helping to set things up and give us a baseline, I would like to see him in some kind of minister position.

Comment

• Originally posted by cyclotron7
                          So who magages gold distribution? The trade advisor or the Prez?
                          If we have a Financial minister he'll be in charge. If not we'll have to fine someone to trust that he is not giving more to some pepole...
                          Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

• hello my fellow Democrats,

Assuming with the new beta patch now released for mac, I can read the saved files, and assuming there is still room in the citizenry - I would love to join.

If I have assumed wrongly, please let me know (and why etc. - the techy side of this is not my strongpoint). As a mac user I can only hope that my flouncy artistic input in the cultural advancement of whichever civ we choose to be, can aid in the utter destruction of our enemies. (just completed my first regent game as the Persians, and running out of time to get into space, I won by icing the opposition wit' my ICBM's - still feel a bit filthy)

Questions:
                            Is there a regular time to clock in for each instalment of this lengthy fiasco?
                            If there isn't compatibility between mac and pc, what the --- can I do about it?
                            Why, (in the game I mentioned above) did my automated workers keep returning to my capital and dieing - was this a hunger strike due to my barbaric military tactics?
                            Also, why did a great leader I got get shot by one of my infantrymen when he tried to enter the city? - not the welcome home I was expecting!

Answers to any of the above would keep my forces safely within my borders
                            DANGER! - Unexploded Civilian

Comment

• when do we vote on these?
                              Proud Citizen of the Civ 3 Demo Game
                              Retired Justice of the Court, Staff member of the War Academy, Staff member of the Machiavelli Institute
                              Join the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game! ~ Play the Civ 3 Demo Game $Mini-Game!
                              Voici mon secret. Il est très simple: on ne voit bien qu'avec le coeur. L'essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.

Comment

• Originally posted by Captain
                                when do we vote on these?
                                I set up a poll asking that.

Comment

Working...
                                X