• Time
  • Show
Clear All

*Lurks and looks around*

I'll go for President.

*Lurks off*

Comment

Originally posted by UberKruX
      i think a culture minister is not important.

first off, i hate culture. there i said it.
      [/b]

That is a great reason why need a culture minister. SOMEBODY needs to be a culture proponent.

[b]secondly, i believe the whole "border system" culture creates would be handled by the city planner. if we need big borders fast he'll demand we build temples and libraries.

i see no point in a culture minister. presuade me.
      Well, for one thing, there is one in the game. I don't if that matters to people here, but at CFC tons of arguments came up as a result of in game things that have no real bearing on the game, like whether or not pop-rushing is ethical, etc. Culture is an important part of any empire, it is more than just borders, though they are important too. The culture minister looks over the culture of not just a city or a province, but of the entire nation. A strong culture prevents culture-flips against, promotes culture-flips against and helps in negotiations. At CFC, a Cultural Assault Program was started up in order to capture enemy border cities without war. A culture department is important when the funds are divided, so as to ensure there is money for rushing cultural imkprovements in new cities that are highly corrupt. True, there is some overlap with the Domestic Minister, but their roles are different. The domestic advisor may order units, etc, that the cultural minister would never build. It's a voice for the peace-niks, if you will. The military advisor and foreign affairs minister will overlap, but you still need both of them.

BTW, sorry for always talking about CFC demogame, but I can think of no better frame of reference, at least for me, as it's the only demogame I've ever played.
      "I used to be a Scotialist, and spent a brief period as a Royalist, but now I'm PC"
      -me, discussing my banking history.

Comment

How ministries that need to take care of lots of units, like the military or the public works ones will work?

Will the president be given a detailed list of units and their moves? Or will the ministers play this part of the game by themselves? Or will they only give general objectives and the president will decide on the small movement matters?
        "Beware of he who would deny you access to information, for in his heart he dreams himself your master" - Commissioner Pravin Lal.

Comment

Giving general objectives is what has been used in the civ2 democracy game and it seems to work well. Overly specified orders would eventually get to be a hassle.

Comment

urr... don't we need an Intelligence guy? person in charge of getting some espionage done for us? just suggesting a new position is all. or is someone else taking care of it?
            Resident Filipina Lady Boy Expert.

Comment

Originally posted by Eli
              How ministries that need to take care of lots of units, like the military or the public works ones will work?

Will the president be given a detailed list of units and their moves? Or will the ministers play this part of the game by themselves? Or will they only give general objectives and the president will decide on the small movement matters?
              As ixnay sayd. Generat objectivs. IE, send 10 workers to build a road to that Salpetre resource to junction a road on a specific tile. Or something would be more then enough. The PW minister should mostly just assign the Workers to different project. The projects could be worked out together with other ministers, or on his own behalf (if there is less things to do).

He also needs to cooperate with the minitary advisor for worker protection.
              Creator of the Civ3MultiTool

Comment

Originally posted by punkbass2000
                Well, for one thing, there is one in the game. I don't if that matters to people here, but at CFC tons of arguments came up as a result of in game things that have no real bearing on the game, like whether or not pop-rushing is ethical, etc. Culture is an important part of any empire, it is more than just borders, though they are important too. The culture minister looks over the culture of not just a city or a province, but of the entire nation. A strong culture prevents culture-flips against, promotes culture-flips against and helps in negotiations. At CFC, a Cultural Assault Program was started up in order to capture enemy border cities without war. A culture department is important when the funds are divided, so as to ensure there is money for rushing cultural imkprovements in new cities that are highly corrupt. True, there is some overlap with the Domestic Minister, but their roles are different. The domestic advisor may order units, etc, that the cultural minister would never build. It's a voice for the peace-niks, if you will. The military advisor and foreign affairs minister will overlap, but you still need both of them.
                Yes, I wanted to add a minister of human rights to the poll on them just for this sake, but decided that as it hadn't beed discussed I shouldn't do so.

However one can debate on wether it is right to Draft/Poprush or use Slave workers.

Comment

The minister of imperial expansion is not in charge of distant city's.

All internal city management should be conducted by the city planner while the imperial expansion is in charge of new city placement and infrastructure.

A public works minister is not needed as worker management is done by city planner and imperial expansion.

Comment

oh yeah, how long till we expect elections for ministries under contention?

this is fun.

Comment

Originally posted by atawa
                      A public works minister is not needed as worker management is done by city planner and imperial expansion.
                      When you build a road to a foreign country, or build fortesses on the front? the PW minister is to make sure that the Workers are distrubuted correctly between the different ministers needing them for their duties.

Comment

can be Naval advisor? I'd just like to be incharge of ships, and like to ask if i can have 1 nuke per nuclear sub. To make them very good weapons!

I also propose that nukes are only fired after either:
                        1. The president says so
                        2. Three of these advisors agree to fire one (Impirial advisor, militery advisor, Foreign advisor!)
                        3. Any enviromental advisor can pleed to the hole government to hault this action!
                        Help negate the vegiterian movement!
                        For every animal you don't eat! I'm gunna eat three!!

Comment

I suggest with things like deviding money and workers between de different tasks we let the ministers file their reports with the president and let him decide.

After all, the role of the president should be more then playing the game physicly.

Comment

Originally posted by HazieDaVampire
                            can be Naval advisor? I'd just like to be incharge of ships, and like to ask if i can have 1 nuke per nuclear sub. To make them very good weapons!

I also propose that nukes are only fired after either:
                            1. The president says so
                            2. Three of these advisors agree to fire one (Impirial advisor, militery advisor, Foreign advisor!)
                            3. Any enviromental advisor can pleed to the hole government to hault this action!
                            Its going to take a long time till we get to nukes, better make decissions on that subject when we get there.

Comment

yeah.. about the navy thing

Couldn't we have different military advisors to aid the Secretary of Defense? like a commander for each theatre of war, and commanders for land air and see for each of those theatres?

how complex will our military be, is what I am asking? but i guess that is not a regime question, ooops.

Comment

Originally posted by Ninot
                                yeah.. about the navy thing

Couldn't we have different military advisors to aid the Secretary of Defense? like a commander for each theatre of war, and commanders for land air and see for each of those theatres?

how complex will our military be, is what I am asking? but i guess that is not a regime question, ooops.
                                We need a supreme commander. However, we could of cource have people under that one.

Comment

Working...
                                X