0.00%
    at a date to be decided before we attack Persia
    0.00%
    Who really cares
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Gurka 17, People of the Valley
    I am of the Horde.

lets swtich now, and use the perios of anarchy for war..
    GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

I agree with Rasputin, switch now sooner the better
      A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

procrastination will not help us...

I vote now
        I am of the Horde.

Comment

REVOLUTION!
          Duddha: I will return...
          Arnelos: ... and the civilizied world shudders ...
          "I'm the Dude. So that's what you call me. That, or Duder. His Dudeness. Or El Duderino, if, you know, you're not into the whole brevity thing..."
          Free California!

Comment

Long Live the King!

The Best Multiplayer Game Ever

Comment

<----says it all

Anarchy now, while we can 'afford' it
              But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
              PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

revolution now!

Comment

That's a great idea, actually. If we declare war the turn we go to Anarchy, about 4 turns later we can switch to Monarchy and will be able to negotiate with Persia again at about the same time! We need everything in readiness though. Everything seems to be in place in the current save except perhaps for a Galley and units near the Persian Iron. Or am I forgetting we DO have one there?
                  Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

No, it has been deemed too far away at this time

Operation Clean the Homelands is green for Go!!!
                    I am of the Horde.

Comment

We simply cannot afford to switch now...

Right now under Despotism we have 86 units, of which we can only support 52 units (4 x # of towns/cities/metropolises); meaning that we have to pay 34 gpt for unit upkeep.

If we switch to Monarchy, we only have free support for 28 units (2 x # of towns + 4 x # of cities + 8 x # of metropolises), so unit support costs will increase by 24 gpt to 58 gpt.

Currently, we are only making +10 gold a turn at 10.0.0 sliders. And although switching to monarchy may decrease corruption, I don't think that that will give us an extra 24 gold a turn. So, by switching to monarchy, we could be putting ourselves into a negative income situation fixable only by disbanding some of the army...

Comment

a, yes, right

too bad really

Comment

Originally posted by Jonny
                          We simply cannot afford to switch now...

Right now under Despotism we have 86 units, of which we can only support 52 units (4 x # of towns/cities/metropolises); meaning that we have to pay 34 gpt for unit upkeep.

If we switch to Monarchy, we only have free support for 28 units (2 x # of towns + 4 x # of cities + 8 x # of metropolises), so unit support costs will increase by 24 gpt to 58 gpt.

Currently, we are only making +10 gold a turn at 10.0.0 sliders. And although switching to monarchy may decrease corruption, I don't think that that will give us an extra 24 gold a turn. So, by switching to monarchy, we could be putting ourselves into a negative income situation fixable only by disbanding some of the army...
                          well done Jonny,

when passions states one thing...

good old fashion knowledge and logic quickly sets it in its place...
                          I am of the Horde.

Comment

I disagree sorry!

there may be an initial hit of support cost for a few turns but soon after the economy will pick up under Monarchy. I have not done the Maths but you wont convince me that being a despotism is a better option than a Monarchy.

Every facet of the economy will be better under Monarchy and will start to show through after a few turns!

Your Army size may be reduced some from war so this is a non issue and only temporary!

Your science production will be greatly enhanced which will allow for tinkering somewhat with the sliders adjusting Tax Science ratios!

And if luxeries can be aquired as spoils of war and hooked up the people will be happier! meaning more revenue!

Ive not checked all cities closely but have read some of the turn chats and it seems there are several entertainers out there!! much wasted potential production!! more luxeries less entertainers!!

If your army is far too big for the empires size why not disband and build workers instead to improve the terrain instead, again Ive not studied the map seriously.

Its not Passion Paddy its bloody common sense!!

The short term change over may be a little costly but only for a short while, once the positive effects of monarchy kick in then things will turn around and fast!

we need to change as soon as, and crank out more workers as soon as, to get building some terrain improvements and roads. Focus military aggression for the purpose of aquiring luxs and resouces and little gems like the Great Lighthouse!!
                            A proud member of the "Apolyton Story Writers Guild".There are many great stories at the Civ 3 stories forum, do yourself a favour and visit the forum. Lose yourself in one of many epic tales and be inspired to write yourself, as I was.

Comment

Hmmm and Chrisius retorts with much wisdom...
                              I am of the Horde.

Comment

Working...
                              X