NOMINATIONS - term IV

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOMINATIONS - term IV

Well, it's long overdue. I have been content running things (but not so content with EVERYthing ), but in mid Jan I am overseas for a month and unable to play. Thus, we need a new President, VP, and Ministers.

Play has been very slow when we have had turnchats recently, and that is because EVERYTHING has to have been discussed in chat before carrying out. This is difficult, and play would be much sped up if the Ministers (or even a concerned citizen) spent a little time examining the save and planning for the next 5-6 turns. Then, if the orders/ideas are posted ahead of any chat, they can be discussed and refined, meaning that everything can go much more smoothly in the chat. Unseen circumstances can always crop up, but there are always predictable elements to plan ahead for eg workers.

At this early stage, we have little enough that it would not take too long to plan a few steps ahead. I have done this in some cases, but the President cannot cover FAM, military, Domestic Matters and colonisation alone. We need Ministers/posting citizens able to spend a scant hour or two per week planning, posting and responding to posts. You don't even need to be in the chat if the orders are there!

This is the perfect time, before all the others come rushing back from holidays - act now and grab yourself some of the fun. You might just learn something about civ too

Nominations are for all positions and will close around Jan 5. I leave Jan 12, so we must have a new Government by then! As ever I am friendly and approachable so if there are any questions, ideas or concerns that you don't feel like posting publically, please feel welcome to PM me. If you feel like you could take on responsibility for something smaller than one of these positions, maybe one city, let me know and we can always create a position for you

Nominations

President

BigFree

Vice President

Foreign Minister

ormuzd

Domestic Minister

Paddy the Scot

Supreme Military Commander

Imperial Expansion Minister
    (if requested, otherwise subsumed with Domestic Minister)
    Last edited by MrWhereItsAt; January 6, 2004, 04:55.
    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Bump
    Consul.

Comment

I guess people are afraid of the resopsibilities...

I nominate myself for President because I don't want to see this game fade away. I've been "lurking" for quite some time now, ever since my term as President ended. Let's get the ball rolling people.

Comment

JOY! OK guys - everyone volunteer now, as with some as experienced yet approachable as BF, no-one should have a reason not to get involved.
        Consul.

Comment

OK I will bite,
          Although I have yet to be able to get to any of the online chats

If that is alright, please put me in for Domestic Minister
          Gurka 17, People of the Valley
          I am of the Horde.

Comment

PM me if help is needed. I will not be able to make any chats, so everything will have to be by posting.
            If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

I can stay at the position of FAM, but maybe someone will try too.
              The vacations in other countries failed, so I have failed too

Comment

Hello...I would like to contribute in some way. I'm a production scheduler professionally, and I think I could at least assist someone with less glamorous grunt work.

chats also okay. I've wanted to get involved in non-competitive gaming with others for a while...

Comment

Wow - I would have delayed my Oz trip if I'd known there would be a near all-Down Under Government this time around. That would have made turnchats so easy!

As it is we have some nominations for important positions, so we may as well go ahead and start elections from tomorrow (I will post them in around 12 hours time from this post).

Thanks to everyone who has shown interest so far, and you still have time to nominate in the next 12 hours. I will try to send you guys a review on what we have been aiming for the last dozen or so turns shortly.

EnduringBlue - greetings mate! Always good to see another new nick around, especially another Kiwi (well, one with a Te Reo flag at least...). Grunt work you say? Well the gruntiest of all is the Domestic Minister's work - this position must try to coordinate between the cities we have, to work out which would be best working which tiles, and what to build where when.

This position can be pretty general if you don't feel confident in planning everything to the utmost, but in some Demo Games at times we have had dedicated souls who have planned exactly which tiles each city will work over the course of 10 or more turns in advance. This can take an hour or so to do with the number of cities we have at present, but is IMMENSELY helpful for turnchats, and in the process you tend to get a unique knowledge of exactly what the Empire is doing where and when. This would spill over into getting an idea of where to send the workers to create new improvements as well, and where to best found new cities. I will attempt to find an example from the last Demo Game and bump it for you to see what sort of things can be done with this position.

As you say, if you are interested in helping someone rather than having a position of your own, I'm sure Paddy would be very happy to get your help - the more ppl you have in the Domestic Ministry the less time it takes for everyone, and the more say everyone has in our long-term planning. Let us know what you think of all this.

Consul.

Comment

Since it appears Most Thankless I'll throw my hat into the ring / lamb into the lion's den for Domestic Minister.

If I understand correctly, I'll organize and implement the advice of others, unless there is insufficient / nonspecific input, in which case DM provide as specific advice as possible, so at least build orders don't slow down Our Imperious Leader when turnplay time comes.

I already max ea shield/manipulate individual production tiles in city radii for my own upper level games, so the details sound interesting if the input of a relative newcomer is welcome.

Comment

Hey! You bet your advice is welcomed!

And as I have been without Net all day (stupid servers...) I am posting election threads NOW.

/Banzai! mode

Voting starts NOW!!!!
                      Consul.

Comment

Well, I was hoping someone else could take the SMC office from me, but since no one has shown interest in the job, I will run for SMC again in the interest of keeping this game moving.

Comment

give me some more info on what expected and ill join in a nomination....
                          GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Rasputin,

are you looking at the SMC role?

or the Vice Presidents role, that is also empty?
                            Gurka 17, People of the Valley
                            I am of the Horde.

Comment

well ewither or, i would be willing to spend some of my time doing this, can yu please jsut exsplain what are the general expaectations roles of each and i will nominate based on tha tinfio , thanks mate
                              GM of MAFIA #40 ,#41, #43, #45,#47,#49-#51,#53-#58,#61,#68,#70, #71

Comment

Working...
                              X