Chat 6 save and report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chat 6 save and report

Didn't get started until fairly late, but ran into some heavy stuff only a few turns in, because:

Persia has landed south of Bifrost!
    I've marked the landing spot they used below (I saw them move from that tile to the mountain during the in-between turn)

Which is bad for many reasons : they're proably crowded on their home isle/continent, they also (obviously) have Map Making; this -is- the civ of the immortals, sooo

Many things to think about here. Some more notable bits before a few questions:

- Bifrost founded 1375BC
    - the Hut off the coast of Valhalla yielded Iron Working
    - Spain & Egypt have traded HBR & Philosophy (I forget who had it first) somewher in here Cleo also got Map Making
    - Spain completed the Great Lighthouse
    - Barad-Dur in the Black Land completed the Pyramids
    - We have met the Persians; they have Map Making, and Code Of Laws but -lack- Ceremonial Burial & Philosophy; they are at an Annoyed state with us

Let me detail some possible trades:

Egypt:
    Philosophy for Contact/Persia or 175 g (lump/gpt total)
    Map Making for Contact/Persia + 140 g (lump/gpt total)
    HBR for Contact/Persia or 140 g (lump/gpt total)

Spain:
    Philosophy for Contact/Persia or 175 g (lump/gpt total)
    Map Making for Contact/Persia + 135 g (lump/gpt total)
    HBR for Contact/Persia or 140 g (lump/gpt total)

Persia:
    Map Making for Contact/Egypt(or Spain) + 50 g (lump/gpt total)
    HBR for Contact/Egypt(or Spain) or Ceremonial Burial + 140 g (lump/gpt total) or 150 g
    Code of Laws not possible (yet...)
    9 gold for Ceremonial Burial

So I've had the thought of trading Egypt or Spain Contact/Persia for Philosophy, then see if we can get code from Persia for it and then quickly trade it to Egypt/Spain for HBR and/or Map Making. Of course that depends on getting Code which ol' Jerkxes values highly

And another big thing : what will be our policy on Persia?
    But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
    PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Forgot the save!
    Attached Files
    But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
    PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

Re: Chat 6 save and report

Originally posted by Makahlua

Did I read that right? I added that to the AUSG game, but if it's in this game too then that's just weird.

My recommended policy for Persia...trade all you can with what they have and then wipe them from our land. We don't want any other civs to have an established beachhead on our island. And if we start the war now, before they have immortals, we can also end it before they have immortals.

Comment

Re: our Persia Policy, I agree with Roth. Seize the two free workers Xeres has given us. We'll be able to win the war before they can do any damage.
        "It takes you years to learn how to play like yourself." Miles Davis

Comment

Originally posted by Defcon5
          Seize the two free workers Xeres has given us.
          We only have a single regular warrior down there. So, unless we get lucky, it's going to take more force (which will take time to get down there) just to attack them. It's likely they'll have founded their city by then, so we'll just conquer it (which will probably raze it).
          Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
          Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
          7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Hmm... something I just thought of. If we keep our warrior on the hill, they may found their city on the forest tile 1 SW of our current position. If so, they'll at least clear a tile of forest for us before we raze their city

Might as well get some good worker labor out of them if nothing else.
            Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
            Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
            7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Let them build ... wait until it is pop 2 (10 turns) ... then take the city with archers.
              "No Comment"

Comment

I agree with the plan; trade all contacts same turn.

Oh, and make sure that any trades with Persia (don't involve GPTs) this will allow us to seize that city at optimum time frame.
                1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
                Templar Science Minister
                AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

Trade everything to Spain and Egypt, try to hold on to comm with Persians as long as possible, if possible.

This way the Spanish and Egyptians are not aware of the justified (soon to begin) military actions against the (evil) Persians. Unless they get the comm some other way.
                  So many pedestrians, so little time

Comment

Re: Chat 6 save and report

Originally posted by Makahlua
                    What civ is that??? (TOGAS!! Stay away from the City list! )
                    Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

Re: Re: Chat 6 save and report

Originally posted by BigFurryMonster

What civ is that??? (TOGAS!! Stay away from the City list! )
                      It was a little extra I added in when creating the scenario for AUSG101 (see my sig ), but I'm pretty sure it was a typo because if you and Togas added it too then I don't feel as special now.

Comment

Working...
                      X