No announcement yet.

Where to build our 3rd Viking City?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

the 3rd and fourth cities are already planned and after some turns they will be built.

Having the map of the surrounding land we have to decide where should we place the second ring of cities.

Comment

If it was me, I would go to B.
      Attached Files

Comment

Looking at the map, I hate to see all those productive mountain and hill tiles go permenately unused. (Very inefficent)

City A really needs shifts NE
        And city A prime needs added formed on the grassland shield to use the whale and all those skipped mountain & hill tiles

City B is not water connected (diagnal doesn't count) and should be shifted so save the cost of an aqequduct. (NW looks best because it elimates another competely used tile)

Cities C, D, and E look excelent to me.
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

EDIT: better yet, let me draw that out for ya! I'm not sure wether Z or Y would be better - we lose a plains square at Y, but pick up the whale.

Last edited by Makahlua; September 20, 2003, 13:30.
          But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
          PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

Originally posted by joncnunn
            City B is not water connected (diagnal doesn't count) and should be shifted so save the cost of an aqequduct.
            Actually diagonal does count unless the mapmakers deleted the river on it. A, B and E should not require Aquaducts. Where you moved B to deletes a Hill which is far more important for that location given that all those Floodplains will never be able to produce shields.

Moving A NE sacrifices a Whale, a grassland and a mountain to pick up a fish and a mountain.

I prefer the Whale over the Fish and the extra grassland to boot.

Comment

Originally posted by GhengisFarb

Actually diagonal does count unless the mapmakers deleted the river on it.
              Check out if it'll give you trade, and you'll know.
              Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

I had city A prime to get the Whale that moving A NE would lose.
                (with A prime located on same spot as second map places Y)

Originally posted by GhengisFarb

Actually diagonal does count unless the mapmakers deleted the river on it. A, B and E should not require Aquaducts. Where you moved B to deletes a Hill which is far more important for that location given that all those Floodplains will never be able to produce shields.

Moving A NE sacrifices a Whale, a grassland and a mountain to pick up a fish and a mountain.

I prefer the Whale over the Fish and the extra grassland to boot.
                Templar Science Minister
                AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

On the second map, Z is badly located, would cause a reduction in potiential shields for Y.

I also see no need for 50% defensive bonsus that far inside natural borders.

So I think from the second map B should be moved NE and Z eliminated.
                  Templar Science Minister

Comment

Thing is, joncnunn, we're at the same time trying for the RCP, with cities spaced only a distance of 4.5 or 4 from the capital, so they all get the same corruption - effectively the corruption of the closest city to the capital. Z satisfies that, whereas both your SW moved A and NE moved B do not - we'd only get two cities at distance 4 for the forseeable future.
                    Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

I only think rcp gives an advantatage on huge maps, we don't have a lot of land and optimal site choices to do rcp in our start position in my opinion.

Comment

I think spots A, Y and B look to be the best IMHO.
                        'It's all just a bunch of flees fighting over who owns the dog'

Comment

I concur with GF. Lack of land dictates some minor shifts.

I think we're all in agreement about cities C, D, & E.
                          Templar Science Minister

Comment

Originally posted by Asmodeus
                            I think spots A, Y and B look to be the best IMHO.
                            Which A, Y, and B?

Comment

Although I have not voted for Y in the poll, it looks fine as well as long as we still settle A and Z (Y will not be very large anyway for some time to come).

B I would prefer to shift one S or SE so we can get that Wheat tile - E will have two others and a cow - more than enough.
                              Consul.

Back to the ROOTS of addiction. My first missed poll!

Comment

Working...
                              X