Chat 3 schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Makahlua
    OK, a possible solution - start at 5 EST @ Thurs and ormzud can drop in, and we'll got to at least 7 EST or longer, so NM gets some time too - workable?
    I support this proposal.
    "It takes you years to learn how to play like yourself." Miles Davis

Comment

this is fine for me

but NM should aquire a save, look in situation, etc.
      I guess I'll this chat and (hopefully) join in the weekend's

Comment

It is workable for me but that main problem is the undernet chat. We did have one called #civ3dem

Comment

Ok then, undernet it is Unet should be listed in everyone's irc clients, I'd think so it shouldn't be a problem (unless someone tells me it is )
          But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
          PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

what means this? (sorry for the stupid question)
            Currently I'm using (read "entered some times")

server: apolyton.net
            port: 6667

channel: #civ3dem

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Master
              It is workable for me but that main problem is the undernet chat. We did have one called #civ3dem
              Why are you not able to use apolyton.net as your irc server?

We have the same channel name for the chat but just on a different server.

Comment

Originally posted by Makahlua
                OK, a possible solution - start at 5 EST @ Thurs and ormzud can drop in, and we'll got to at least 7 EST or longer, so NM gets some time too - workable?
                Ya, hopefuly, I be done drivers ed by then (if we have it)
                Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

He probably has the same problme that I do, except he is also Mac. MIRC will not work on my home computer with poly chat. MarkG, Ming, and others at different times tried to help me fix this. The only way I can get on poly chat at home is to use Java, with is itself incompatable with running Civ at the same time - not good for a minister. (BTW - my work computer doesn't have this problem, but it is at work and thus no Civ either.....). So if I am running a chat, it will be on undernet. If I am just sitting in, it can be whatever (I will just use java if necessary). As I am more a spectator at this time, no problem either way. If makaluha wants me to run a chat for her, just realize that this is the case and it will be in undernet.

I will go home ASAP after work tomarrow and do what I can to log on early. If anybody has any concerns or questions, please feel free to PM me and I will do what I can to assist. (this first couple of terms, that is what the VP usually does anyways as there isn't so much going on that you need a 4 hour chat to do 2 turns in the game )

Thanks and see ya tomarrow.
                  If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

I can be around for the chat on Thurday at 5 PM EST! I have to leave for work at 8 PM EST.

Comment

Could someone please summarize the exact day, time and time zone for the Chat...? Thanks!
                      Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

Thursday, Sep 18, 17:00 EST at apolyton.net

Comment

So, if I'm correct:

EST 17:00 (chat time) =
                          EDT 18:00 (New York) =
                          GMT 22:00 ("Standard") =
                          CEST 24:00 (Central Europe)

Right? Or has the USA switched to winter time already?

source: http://timeanddate.com/time/abbreviations.html
                          Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

All who trace their lineage to the Vikings know instinctively that the highpoint of the great Viking advance was the discovery of Vineland. For those who are not into RL things geographic, let me point out that Vineland is now called Newfoundland.

The fact that the Vikings did not properly exploit this discovery should be the subject thread of it's very own.

Perhaps it was because the Vikings discovered Vineland before researching Invention and therefore did not have their UU. Perhaps it was because Vineland is almost as bad a name climate wise as Greenland. Perhaps Leif and company did such a good job exploiting the 'vines' that they were incapable of keeping proper records.

So what does this all have to do with chat schedules? Why obviously, as true Berzerkers in spirit if not in deed, we should express our schedules acording to the time zone that best depicts the high watermark of our RL civilization. The fact that I live there is purely coincidental.

Ssgt roadcage (ret)
                            I used to be a builder. That was before I played Civ III

Comment

• Ehh... isn't Newfoundland that little time zone at X:30 hours?
                              • Why do you have an USA flag next to your name? Has the USA conquered Newfoundland?
                              Greatest moments in cat:

Comment

Theres gonna be a revolution in Scandinavia if we start using X:30 time zones. Why do those stupid things exist anyway?
                                "It takes you years to learn how to play like yourself." Miles Davis

Comment

Working...
                                X