No announcement yet.

Israel civ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• there are quite a few mods around with israel included. in fact, most scenarios have them included (except where it doesn't make sence, e.g. south american scenarios ).

check out wernezuma's "extra pack", or TETurkhan's "Test of Time".
    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• Originally posted by sabrewolf
      there are quite a few mods around with israel included. in fact, most scenarios have them included (except where it doesn't make sence, e.g. south american scenarios ).

check out wernezuma's "extra pack", or TETurkhan's "Test of Time".
      hi ,

done before , but this should be something to only include one civ , the Israeli this way the people who want it can get it , it would be nice if Firaxis cem up with an idea like that , ....

have a nice day
      - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
      - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
      WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

• DEFINITELY religious. Beyond that, there's many good choices. For modern day Israel, yes, militaristic. But then again, one could do Scientific and just give them a high agression level (4). This would reflect the emphasis that the Jewish people have put on learning and technology throughout their history, their deep devotion to their religion, and the many times they have shed blood and taken their lives in their hands for defend their religion.

Besides, it would add another scientific/religious Civ to the game, which I think would be a good balancing factor to an overall game of Civ.
        You can't fight in here! This is the WAR room!

Comment

• DEFINITELY religious. Beyond that, there's many good choices. For modern day Israel, yes, militaristic. But then again, one could do Scientific and just give them a high agression level (4). This would reflect the emphasis that the Jewish people have put on learning and technology throughout their history, their deep devotion to their religion, and the many times they have shed blood and taken their lives in their hands for defend their religion.
          no, that would make us look like *******s.
          urgh.NSFW

Comment

• Originally posted by Azazel

hi ,

, but we would get religios buildings far cheaper , so our culture can expand faster

have a nice day
            - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
            - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
            WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Hey, please use the correct expletive, so I can tell what you're talking about.

Comment

• hi ,

, but we would get religios buildings far cheaper , so our culture can expand faster
                yes. that would be realistic. Just look at all the hundreds of millions of jews around. .

Actually, I have nothing against the religious trait, since it would all around fit us. Non realistic culture expansion, but zealot beliefs, yes.

I mind the agression factor.

Yahweh: do you really want me to spell it for you?
                urgh.NSFW

Comment

• Defently commersal.
                  How can you defeat an enemy which will never accept defeat?

Comment

• What about forget Israel for... humm... 1000 years more?
                    Signature: Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts

Comment

yes. that would be realistic. Just look at all the hundreds of millions of jews around. .

Actually, I have nothing against the religious trait, since it would all around fit us. Non realistic culture expansion, but zealot beliefs, yes.

I mind the agression factor.

Yahweh: do you really want me to spell it for you?
                      Well, I mean, come on man, there's thousands of different expletives, and I use most of them on a daily basis, so just a bunch of * followed by an "s" is a little confusing.

Maybe an agression factor of 3 would be appropriate. After all, the Israelis of the modern day WERE attacked immeadiately when they declared their indepedence, and several times thereafter... but, on the other hand, the early Zionists were highly aggressive against both the Arabs and British. They seemed to think the land belonged to them, just as American "manifest destiny" thinkers thought of North America...

Militaristic and Religious with an aggression level of 3 would be fine. Or maybe militaristic and scientific? Or perhaps religious and scientific with an aggression level of 4?

I guess the modern state of Israel hasn't been around long enough for us to really gauge it's agression level!

Let's ask Ariel Sharon and Avram Mitzna and see what they say.

Comment

• Originally posted by Silpy
                        Defently commersal.
                        Commercial? On what basis? "Jewish Bankers"?

Comment

• sorry, but there's absolutely NO question about religious as first trait. israel DEFINES itself as "jewish state" and the orthodox and other radical believers have a very big influence.

absolutely no doubt...

as i said in an earlier post, the second trait is more variable. modern day israel is very militaristic, commercial is a typical prejudice for jews. and as someone else stated - israel is quite science with a lot of promising small and medium companies, specially in technology and medical care.

so discuss about the 2nd trait, the first is fixed. only a gainsayer or an uninformed person (or someone who doen't like the religeous trait in civ3 ) will say something else... sorry
                          - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                          - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• It's a very, very hard question. Organized Israel has tended to be militaristic, when Israel has been organized... but modern day Israel's military is so "kick-ass" beCAUSE of it's scientific edge... still, I'd have to go with militaristic. Look at the rule of even the Jewish Kings of antiquity... King David, after all, gained prominence mostly by slaughtering his enemies (although, to be fair, that's how a lot of famous people gained their prominence)

Comment

• Originally posted by XarXo
                              What about forget Israel for... humm... 1000 years more?
                              hi ,

if you are not intrested , no one forced you to post here , ....

have a nice day

Comment

• XarXo is on a 'custom avatar' drive, panag.
                                urgh.NSFW

Comment

Working...
                                X