UU: Slinger

Polynesia
    King Kamehameha
    UU: Double Canoe

and

Portugal
    King Manuel
    UU: Nao

Now, that's what I call a future civs list.

Perhaps if they decide on 7 more civs instead, we could have...

Khmer
    King Jayvarman
    UU: Elephant Archer

But that'd be pretty much all you'd need.

As for the Dutch, who asks "what did they produce"? Have you ever heard of Rembrandt, or Ruebens? Or try New York (New Amsterdam). They gave us a lot!
    Empire growing,
    Pleasures flowing,
    Fortune smiles and so should you.

Comment

Beren-- It has hardly been proven. That's just speculation.
      Empire growing,
      Pleasures flowing,

Comment

Originally posted by History Guy
        Beren-- It has hardly been proven. That's just speculation.
        Have you listened to anything I said? It HAS been proven. In centuries of oral tradition this story has been carried over from generation to generation. This story was well known. (Tale has it that the sultan heard rumours of a land in the west and sent his fleet of twenty ships westward, burdened with gold. Only one of them returned, but they had established trade with the Aztecs. The sultan wished to go himself and left his kingdom to his brother.)
        More importantly: Gold analysis of the Aztec temples show that the gold is indeed from Malinese origin. If you would have an alternative explanation for that give it to me and surprise the entire scientific world.

Comment

Beren-- Could you please post some solid sources?
          Empire growing,
          Pleasures flowing,

Comment

I think the Serbs should be a civ. Although they didnt have the biggest empire (if you could even call it that) for very long, they STILL IMO belong in the game more than say the Iroquoix (sp) , or the Americans.

Another one i really dont understad is why the Byzantine arent in it. Or are they? Ive checked the list for PTW and didnt see them. Whats up with that?

Oh yeah, i dont think the Israelies should be a civ. Maybe call it Zionists?

Comment

Originally posted by History Guy
              Beren-- Could you please post some solid sources?
              OK, I didn't got it from a book, but from a person. He is a professor at the Rijksuniversity of Groningen, mister de Boer. He is chief of the department of Middle ages. He gave a whole college of this story (to 258 first years students.) It is compulsory and we have to know it. If he says that the Aztec gold came from Mali and that there are gold analysis that prove that, I believe him. If you don't, let me know and I'll speak to him about it. (I'll have to find him, but that shouldn't be hard.)

Comment

Hebrews, Inca, Songhai/Mali, Byzantines, Dutch, Portugese, Khmer.
                http://monkspider.blogspot.com/

Comment

You guys are underscoring the Byzantines, I imagine that they are a shoe-in for the next XP.

Comment

In fact, I would say that the Inca, Hebrews, Byzantines and Dutch are all shoe-ins. The remaining two or three spots are extremely mysterious though, due to the rather large number of civs that they could conceivably pick.

Comment

Inca
                      Maya
                      Possibly Hopi or some other southwestern US Tribe, otherwise the Sioux
                      Goths
                      Mali
                      Ethiopia
                      Byzantines(definately)
                      Khmer
                      I always liked the Scythians
                      Hittites and Lydia just because such obvious examples of a single technology advance making so much difference, not many other reasons.

Shoot, I've gone over. No bother put the rest in an expansion pack.

Comment

Sorry to go a bit off topic, but for all supporters of Polish civ here, go and download the Polish mod by Piernik, LoD and others, available in the files forum (the separate Polish thread). It has beautifully animated leader heads, a hussar special unit and everything else a professional-made civ needs. Truly a beauty

We don't need Firaxis to introduce Poles any more (though if I were them, I'd buy the copyrights from these guys and public the add-on)
                        The problem with leadership is inevitably: Who will play God?
                        - Frank Herbert

Comment

Mayans
                          Incans
                          Ethiopia
                          Mali
                          Khmer
                          Polinesia
                          and Costa Ricans!
                          Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
                          religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

Israel
                            The Netherdlands
                            Portugal
                            Latin America (a country, please)
                            Inca
                            Maya
                            Hungary

I wish I have an 8th civ: Byzantines (a must, in my humble opinion)
                            Trying to rehabilitateh and contribuing again to the civ-community

Comment

Of the recently proposed. The smaller number, the bigger my support is;

1) Byzantine - unless You all admit that it was Rome
                              and add their cities, their leaders to the Roman civ.
                              2)Poland
                              3)Ethiopia for Africa - in fact only African civ worth attention perhaps except for Nubians and Numidians
                              4)Inca
                              5)Maya - both needed for America
                              7)Dutch or Portugeese

perhaps Khmers,
                              eventually Hungarians.

Certainly not Hebrews/Israelies.
                              Better Arameans then.
                              "I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                              I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                              Middle East!

Comment

Originally posted by Axis Kast
                                I, for one, propose the addition of new civilizations as part of a larger package – “The Lost Civilizations.” This title covers ground that would allow us to explore several civilizations no longer a part of our world (or narrowly not) within the Civ III experience. Seven pertinent choices come to mind: the Confederate States of America (UU: CS cavalry, early submarine), the Kingdom of Austria-Hungary (UU: hussar, grenadier), the Kingdom of Siam (UU: elephant archer), the Kingdom of Greater Serbia (UU: grenadier, citizen’s militia), the Boer Republics (UU: Boer), the Inca Empire (UU: eagle warrior), and the Kingdom of Aragon-Castille (UU: man-at-arms, late crusaders?).
                                aragon-castille could be represented by spain.

confederates would have been ecenomically forced rejoin union or mexico by 1900 anyway.

i like boer republic
                                and inca

siam/thailand/knmer/annam[vietnam] of
                                of course koreans could be changed to this as korea was largely just fought over between china and japan for much of its history [no korean empire except in cheap merchandise]

hungary [of A-H] aka Magyars is good
                                -whatever...

Comment

Working...
                                X