X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sabrewolf
    replied
    israel (better: hebrew), netherlands, polynesians, inca, maya

plus also inuit and one or two big modern day countries (brasil, argentina, canada, south africa, nigeria, indonesia, australia, etc.)

Leave a comment:

• Panag
    replied
    hi ,

a bigger map might be welcome to place about 8 new additional civs , .......

have a nice day

Leave a comment:

• hahntsak
    replied
    my list:
    inca - sun warrior
    netherland - ship of the line
    Israel - merkava [no slinger unt that i know of]

definately

then Khmer or other indo chinese civ

and portugal

i might put java/indonesia or malay down

or australian aborigines

polynesia would be nice - is there a unit graphic [flic] of that double canoe?

Leave a comment:

• hahntsak
    replied
    Originally posted by Beren
    If you want to include any Sub-Sahara civilization I think you must go for Mali (certainly not Zululand.)
    I was convinced to choose for Ethiopia for a while (or whatever spelling you choose to use), but there is a crucial breakthrough that made me change my mind. I heard about Mali. It has been proved that even before Columbus reached America, Mali did and traded with the Aztecs. Gold analysis shows that the gold used in the Aztec temples is from Mali origin. The king of Mali himself decided to set sail to America and left his kingdom to his brother (he never returned).
    Arab historians even report that when the Mali king went on his journey to Mecca, he took with him so much gold, that the Arab gold market collapsed. In short: the king (I think we are supposed to name him sultan) of Mali was a very rich man.
    I think what is part of the explanation that people want Ethiopia is that Ethiopia is christian. On the other hand, Ethiopia too is a good choiche, but in my opinion it is just second best.

I choose Inca, because I think it was truly a civilized country and has as much (if not more) right to be included.
    I choose for Thai/Khmer, because that civilisation has been neglected.
    All those civs in the middle east will make it very crowded in the area. The hittites were impressive, but short-lived. Armenia is not a bad idea, but never impressive. Lydia only invented coins, nothing else was done there. Assyria could be used, Israel couldn't (There too damn small and didn't achieve a thing, except when they were already conquered: at that time they had some religious inovations.)
    I didn't vote for Poland, maybe I should have. Maybe it should have been Lithuana.
    the mali king in question traded salt for gold in arab egypt [cairo] even by weight and collapsed the economy clear to babylon. but he needed the salt both ways. he was an the Haj to mecca. today muslims have it much easier to take the haj...

Leave a comment:

• hahntsak
    replied
    Originally posted by Axis Kast
    I, for one, propose the addition of new civilizations as part of a larger package – “The Lost Civilizations.” This title covers ground that would allow us to explore several civilizations no longer a part of our world (or narrowly not) within the Civ III experience. Seven pertinent choices come to mind: the Confederate States of America (UU: CS cavalry, early submarine), the Kingdom of Austria-Hungary (UU: hussar, grenadier), the Kingdom of Siam (UU: elephant archer), the Kingdom of Greater Serbia (UU: grenadier, citizen’s militia), the Boer Republics (UU: Boer), the Inca Empire (UU: eagle warrior), and the Kingdom of Aragon-Castille (UU: man-at-arms, late crusaders?).
    aragon-castille could be represented by spain.

confederates would have been ecenomically forced rejoin union or mexico by 1900 anyway.

i like boer republic
    and inca

siam/thailand/knmer/annam[vietnam] of
    of course koreans could be changed to this as korea was largely just fought over between china and japan for much of its history [no korean empire except in cheap merchandise]

hungary [of A-H] aka Magyars is good

Leave a comment:

• Heresson
    replied
    Of the recently proposed. The smaller number, the bigger my support is;

1) Byzantine - unless You all admit that it was Rome
    and add their cities, their leaders to the Roman civ.
    2)Poland
    3)Ethiopia for Africa - in fact only African civ worth attention perhaps except for Nubians and Numidians
    4)Inca
    5)Maya - both needed for America
    7)Dutch or Portugeese

perhaps Khmers,
    eventually Hungarians.

Certainly not Hebrews/Israelies.
    Better Arameans then.

Leave a comment:

• yaroslav
    replied
    Israel
    The Netherdlands
    Portugal
    Latin America (a country, please)
    Inca
    Maya
    Hungary

I wish I have an 8th civ: Byzantines (a must, in my humble opinion)

Leave a comment:

• godinex
    replied
    Mayans
    Incans
    Ethiopia
    Mali
    Khmer
    Polinesia
    and Costa Ricans!

Leave a comment:

• Martinus
    replied
    Sorry to go a bit off topic, but for all supporters of Polish civ here, go and download the Polish mod by Piernik, LoD and others, available in the files forum (the separate Polish thread). It has beautifully animated leader heads, a hussar special unit and everything else a professional-made civ needs. Truly a beauty

We don't need Firaxis to introduce Poles any more (though if I were them, I'd buy the copyrights from these guys and public the add-on)

Leave a comment:

• gsmoove23
    replied
    Inca
    Maya
    Possibly Hopi or some other southwestern US Tribe, otherwise the Sioux
    Goths
    Mali
    Ethiopia
    Byzantines(definately)
    Khmer
    I always liked the Scythians
    Hittites and Lydia just because such obvious examples of a single technology advance making so much difference, not many other reasons.

Shoot, I've gone over. No bother put the rest in an expansion pack.

Leave a comment:

• monkspider
    replied
    In fact, I would say that the Inca, Hebrews, Byzantines and Dutch are all shoe-ins. The remaining two or three spots are extremely mysterious though, due to the rather large number of civs that they could conceivably pick.

Leave a comment:

• monkspider
    replied
    You guys are underscoring the Byzantines, I imagine that they are a shoe-in for the next XP.

Leave a comment:

• monkspider
    replied
    Hebrews, Inca, Songhai/Mali, Byzantines, Dutch, Portugese, Khmer.

Leave a comment:

• Beren
    replied
    Originally posted by History Guy
    Beren-- Could you please post some solid sources?
    OK, I didn't got it from a book, but from a person. He is a professor at the Rijksuniversity of Groningen, mister de Boer. He is chief of the department of Middle ages. He gave a whole college of this story (to 258 first years students.) It is compulsory and we have to know it. If he says that the Aztec gold came from Mali and that there are gold analysis that prove that, I believe him. If you don't, let me know and I'll speak to him about it. (I'll have to find him, but that shouldn't be hard.)

Leave a comment:

• werdhertz
    replied
    I think the Serbs should be a civ. Although they didnt have the biggest empire (if you could even call it that) for very long, they STILL IMO belong in the game more than say the Iroquoix (sp) , or the Americans.

Another one i really dont understad is why the Byzantine arent in it. Or are they? Ive checked the list for PTW and didnt see them. Whats up with that?

Oh yeah, i dont think the Israelies should be a civ. Maybe call it Zionists?

Leave a comment:

Working...
X