Expack: Question: Viking city list

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Gangerolf
    Leif Eriksson is known as Leiv Eiriksson in Norway, and his "Viking" (Old Norse) name is Leifr Eiríksson.

Erik Bloodaxe was Norwegian (Eirik Blodøks).
    Harald Hardrada = Harald Hardråde.

It might be easier to just keep the English names, IMO.
    Do you know the old norse names for the cities too?
    Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

Originally posted by Gangerolf
      Leif Eriksson is known as Leiv Eiriksson in Norway, and his "Viking" (Old Norse) name is Leifr Eiríksson.

Erik Bloodaxe was Norwegian (Eirik Blodøks).
      Harald Hardrada = Harald Hardråde.

It might be easier to just keep the English names, IMO.
      Interesting, I had never heard any other name than 'HÃ¥rfager' before, was he Norwegian? (or well, "Norwegian", 'west scandinavian would be a better word I guess )

I guess the english names are best.. but what about the city names? English, original, or how they are spelled in their countries today?

edit: spelling
      /Cesa

Comment

After a poll Master Wernazuma decided to use native spelling for cities, not the english spelling.
        HÃ¥rfager is the name used in Danish too btw.
        Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

Interesting, I had never heard any other name than 'HÃ¥rfager' before, was he Norwegian? (or well, "Norwegian", 'west scandinavian would be a better word I guess )
          Yes, he was Norway's first king. He got his name (which means something like "nice hair") because he promised not to cut his hair or beard until he had united the entire country. It took a while.
          CSPA

Comment

Working...
          X