Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Extra Pack: English Spelling for Cities?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extra Pack: English Spelling for Cities?

Vote on it!
    "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
    "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

I voted for München, I wan't the original names not English wrong-spellings..
    Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

Please use Muenchen, Koeln, Nuernberg, Heidelberg, and Wien.

And don't use Rhineland-Palatinate.

Comment

Definitely München, and Wien, and Köln ...

... and Berlin.
        "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

When I'm playing Russia, my capital has to be Moskva. Better yet, it should be in Cyrillic (Ìîñêâà*), but that might be too much to ask!

*You have to select Cyrillic (Windows) in the View | Encoding menu to see the proper characters.

Comment

original names for all leaders and cities! we'll prove that civ3-players aren't as ignorant as the rest of the world
            - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
            - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Originally posted by Purple
              When I'm playing Russia, my capital has to be Moskva. Better yet, it should be in Cyrillic (Ìîñêâà*), but that might be too much to ask!

*You have to select Cyrillic (Windows) in the View | Encoding menu to see the proper characters.
              uhm... won't that be a problem? specially for mac-users?

probably the special characters should be removed, but still the original names:
              ä ö ü --> ae oe ue
              à á â --> a
              é è ë --> e
              and so on...

what about the scandinavian letters (the o with the line through it, or the a with the circle on top?)

Comment

ä, ö and ü can be used in civ3 so we should do that..

no of the existing civs use the Ø, but if you want names for the Vikings, Copenhagen should be København in Danish.
                Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

Originally posted by Hagbart
                  ä, ö and ü can be used in civ3 so we should do that..

no of the existing civs use the Ø, but if you want names for the Vikings, Copenhagen should be København in Danish.
                  this thread is about wernezuma extrapack, where iirc viking are included

Comment

OK, that is a clear message! I'll immediately make the necessary changes and then be back.
                    "The world is too small in Vorarlberg". Austrian ex-vice-chancellor Hubert Gorbach in a letter to Alistar [sic] Darling, looking for a job...
                    "Let me break this down for you, fresh from algebra II. A 95% chance to win 5 times means a (95*5) chance to win = 475% chance to win." Wiglaf, Court jester or hayseed, you judge.

Comment

This English spelling **** sucks.
                      The original names are much better and more realistic.

Comment

Munich??????????
                        What kind of ****ing **** is that?!

Comment

Native Spellings.

München, Köln, Wien, etc.

for non-latin languages, the native romanization: meaning, the MOE system for Korea, Pinyin for China, etc.
                          B♭3

Comment

That's probably difficult to do in every case, but I'll try.

Comment

Originally posted by Wernazuma III
                              That's probably difficult to do in every case, but I'll try.
                              i could help you with the german cities

Comment

Working...
                              X