Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

¿Which 3 european civs deserve to be present in Civ4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Partial results July 23 - 13:18 GMT -3 hours

Patial results of first poll (¿Which new Euro-Civ deserves to be in Civ4?)

Spanish .................................................. ................ 5 votes
    Belgians, Dutch, Celts, Turks, Poles & Vikings ................ 1 vote
    One not listed here .................................................. . 4 votes

Partial results of 2nd poll (¿Which 3 new Euro-Civs deserve to be in Civ4?) - after Spiffors vote -)

1. Spanish ......................................... 10 votes
    2. Dutch ........................................... 6 votes
    3. Vikings .......................................... 5 votes (one as the Norse)
    4. Portuguese .................................... 4 votes
    5. Turks ............................................. 3 votes (one as the Ottomans)
    6. Celts ............................................ 2 votes
    7. Austro-hungarians .............................. 1 vote
    - Minoans ........................................... 1 vote
    - Iberians ........................................... 1 vote

Thanks
    Yellfromhell
    Embassador of Uruguay (the country best known because its flag always appeared between USAs and USSRs flags when they were ordered alphabetically - in spanish USSR IS 'URSS').

Comment

You think we really need 3 more Europeans civs?

Well anyhow...
      1. Turks
      2. Vikings
      3. Spain
      Go away. You're making me feel insecure.

Comment

Partial results July 27 - 09:32 GMT -3 hours

1. Spanish .................................................. ................ 6 votes
        2. Dutch .................................................. ................... 3 votes
        3. Turks .................................................. .................... 2 votes
        -. Poles .................................................. ..................... 2 votes
        4. Belgian .................................................. .................. 1 vote
        -. Celts .................................................. ..................... 1 vote
        -. Vikings .................................................. ................... 1 vote

One not listed here .................................................. . 4 votes

Partial results of 2nd poll (¿Which 3 new Euro-Civs deserve to be in Civ4?) - after JoshHams vote -)

1. Spanish .......................................... 11 votes
        2. Dutch ............................................ 6 votes
        - Vikings ............................................ 6 votes (one as the Norse)
        4. Portuguese ..................................... 4 votes
        - Turks .............................................. 4 votes (one as the Ottomans)
        6. Celts ............................................. 2 votes
        7. Austro-hungarians ............................ 1 vote

Thanks
        Yellfromhell
        Last edited by yellfromhell; July 26, 2002, 07:47.
        Embassador of Uruguay (the country best known because its flag always appeared between USAs and USSRs flags when they were ordered alphabetically - in spanish USSR IS 'URSS').

Comment

Celts
          Spanish
          Ottoman
          "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

BTW where's that old good Civ IV wish list now?
            "Kids, don't listen to uncle Solver unless you want your parents to spank you." - Solver

Comment

1. Since Spaniards and Ottomans will be in civ3 soon, in PTW, i would say for civ4:

1.Poles
              2.Dutch
              3. Italians (not the Romans, but folk like Venetians, Florentines, so forth who are not represented in the game)

Also, Huns =/ Magyar (Hungarians), and the Austro-Hungarian empire was a political units that existed only from 1867-1919. Before that it was either the Asutrian Empire (Germans ruling over Magyars), or just the eastern end of the Holy Roman Empire. Since the Austrians are already in, as part of the Germans, the choice should be Magyar besides the Huns, which are a different group.
              If you don't like reality, change it! me
              "Oh no! I am bested!" Drake
              "it is dangerous to be right when the government is wrong" Voltaire
              "Patriotism is a pernecious, psychopathic form of idiocy" George Bernard Shaw

Comment

Partial results July 27 - 12:12 GMT -3 hours

1. Spanish .................................................. ................ 8 votes
                2. Dutch .................................................. ................... 3 votes
                -. Poles .................................................. .................... 3 votes
                4. Turks .................................................. ..................... 2 votes
                -. Celts .................................................. ..................... 2 votes
                6. Belgian .................................................. .................. 1 vote
                -. Vikings .................................................. ................... 1 vote

Partial results of 2nd poll (¿Which 3 new Euro-Civs deserve to be in Civ4?) - after GePapa vote, if I figure how to understand it -)

1. Spanish .......................................... 12 votes
                2. Dutch ............................................ 7 votes
                - Vikings ............................................ 6 votes (one as the Norse)
                4. Turks .............................................. 5 votes (two as the Ottomans)
                5. Portuguese ..................................... 4 votes
                6. Celts ............................................. 3 votes
                - Poles .............................................. 1 vote
                - Italians ............................................ 1 vote

Thanks
                Yellfromhell

Comment

End of both polls:

1) Final Results of first poll (¿Which new Euro-Civ deserves to be in Civ4?)

1. Spanish .................................................. ................ 8 votes
                  -. Poles .................................................. .................... 3 votes
                  -. Turks .................................................. ..................... 3 votes
                  4. Celts .................................................. ..................... 2 votes
                  -. Vikings .................................................. ................... 2 vote
                  6. Belgians .................................................. .................. 1 vote

2) Final results of 2nd poll (¿Which 3 new Euro-Civs deserve to be in Civ4?)

1. Spanish .......................................... 12 votes
                  2. Dutch ............................................ 7 votes
                  - Vikings ............................................ 6 votes
                  4. Turks .............................................. 5 votes
                  5. Portuguese ..................................... 4 votes
                  6. Celts ............................................. 3 votes
                  - Poles .............................................. 1 vote
                  - Italians ............................................ 1 vote

As I understand this results, the first poll has a bigger risk of promoting 'nationalist voting' (because it gives you just one chance). The 2nd poll has a lower risk of having that kind of votes because you can vote for 3 civs. Anyway, this wasnt scientific, so every motivation for voting counts.

Im sorry for the Poles and Vikings but, looking at the results, my point of view is that the Spanish, the Dutch and the Turks should be in civ4.

Comment

What's this? No Hugs or Thanks?

I think I'm going to cry.

(Have to settle with scared, Apoly doesn't appear to have a cry smilie.)

Comment

Sorry Ghengis,
                      Hugs
                      Yell

Comment

I vote for the Vikings, Spanish and Turks (last one hard choice).
                        Try my Lord of the Rings MAP out: Lands of Middle Earth v2 NEWS: Now It's a flat map, optimized for Conquests

The new iPod nano: nano

Comment

Originally posted by siredgar

8. Serbs (although I don't really like them, esp. the one named "Serb", LOL)

Hey, what's your problem with Serbs? Is it because of me? You know that I'm not Serbian, but Russian. And why you don't like me?

Comment

"I realise I hold the key to freedom,
                            I cannot let my life be ruled by threads" The Web Frogs
                            Middle East!

Comment

What?

Comment

Celts, Bavarians and Basques (for sheer endurance)
                                "An Outside Context Problem was the sort of thing most civilisations encountered just once, and which they tended to encounter rather in the same way a sentence encountered a full stop" - Excession

Comment

Working...
                                X