Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll on wether Spain was a Civ3-able superpower.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just for that comment, I'm going to bump it back up again. Espana! =P
    "I've spent more time posting than playing."

Comment

Re: Poll on wether Spain was a Civ3-able superpower.

2. Its been a superpower in early modern times.

Even that spain isn't great now but it once was very important and in no means is a country to forget.
      Denday

Comment

Originally posted by El Awrence
        LOVE RIBANNAH BANANA!!!
        LOVE RIBANNAH BANANA!!!

With so much love I'm almost inclined to vote for Spain in the third batch of 16!
        A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
        Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

Originally posted by Ribannah
          Mainly though, while Spain surely has scientists and universities to be proud of, in game terms I don't see them in the same league as their competitors It would be nice to hear some inventions.
          You are knocking Spain after promoting the scientific and cultural achievements of the Iroquios?! Now if that isn't what I call a double standard...
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Re: Mongolia where art thou?

Originally posted by LordBashHeart
            From what I recall... Mongolia is the country attributed to having the record for controlling the largest amount of land ever.

They landed exploritory ships in Japan and scared those dudes, and also were at the gates of Venice. Thats beats Rome and certainly Spain from what I recall.

-LordBashHeart
            The Mongol empire was the largest contigious empire ever, however, in terms of total square milage the British Empire was larger.
            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by Ribannah

With so much love I'm almost inclined to vote for Spain in the third batch of 16!
              Really?
              "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
              "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
              The Spanish Civilization Site
              "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

Re: Re: Mongolia where art thou?

Originally posted by Oerdin
                The Mongol empire was the largest contigious empire ever, however, in terms of total square milage the British Empire was larger.
                What Oerdin says is absolutely correct but... guess what? In total square kilometers, the Spanish Empire was also larger.

Jasev, some people go the forest and only see wood

Comment

Quality not quantity

I wouldn't rate the land area occupied as the best measure of a empires stature. I think population ruled, economic output, military acheivements (etc.) are more revealing.

Based on land area alone Canada seems to be a greater empire today, than the USA or the EU.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Yeah, most of that Mongol "territory" was frozen tundra. Land that is not very useful in Civ3 either.
                    "I've spent more time posting than playing."

Comment

Working...
                    X