Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll on wether Spain was a Civ3-able superpower.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Poll on wether Spain was a Civ3-able superpower.

We got a discussion in the "Portuguese Civ"-thraed about the state of Spain in history and wether it is worth to be mentioned amoung the 16 Civ3-playing nations.
    All those who followed it should express their opinion in this poll.
    It were good if u wrote a short explanation. But that is no must dear silent readers.

All those who are interested and didn't read should do that before electing.

Choices:
    1. Spain has been the greatest country on earth.
    2. Its been a superpower in early modern times.
    3. Spain has been a major european power not dominating europe.
    4. Spain was only a colonial-power.
    5. Spain what is that?
    Spain has been the greatest country on earth.
    28.57%
    Spain was a superpower of early modern time.
    40.00%
    Spain has been a major european power not dominating europe.
    28.57%
    Spain was only a colonial-power.
    0.00%
    Spain what is that?
    2.86%

The poll is expired.

God gave the earth only one kiss,
    that's just where Germany is!
    translated from "Die Prinzen"-Band
    It's ironical against nationalism.

Re: Poll on wether Spain was a Civ3-able superpower.

Originally posted by sargon2
    2. Its been a superpower in early modern times.
    it hasn´t been the greatest empire of all the times, IMHO opinion at least

you can´t deny that it was a major superpower from the XVth century to the XVIIth century
    Second President of Apolytonia, and Vice-President twice
    Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
    miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Correction, the discussion on that thread was about your ignorance on European Politics in the XVI century. Whether Spain deserves to be included among the 16 Civs of Civ3 has been debated to death in this forum. You come too late. Other than other than giving you another opportunity to show the world your silliness, this thread serves no purpose whatsoever.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay Bee
        Whether Spain deserves to be included among the 16 Civs of Civ3 has been debated to death in this forum. You come too late. Other than other than giving you another opportunity to show the world your silliness, this thread serves no purpose whatsoever.
        you haven´t even vote
        Shemir Naldayev, 1st Ukrainian front comander at the Red front democracy gamePresidente de la Republica de España in the Civil War Demogame
        miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

Re: Poll on wether Spain was a Civ3-able superpower.

We got a discussion in the "Portuguese Civ"-thraed about the state of Spain in history and wether it is worth to be mentioned amoung the 16 Civ3-playing nations.
          I'm pretty sure that Civ3 is played in other countries as well

As Jay Bee says, this has been discussed before, but I see no reason why it can't be discussed again, especially by people who weren't around at the time.

My personal opinion is that while it can't be denied that Spain was once a major military power - both regionally and colonially - this alone doesn't make it 'qualify'. The competition is fierce, and the game is not just about conquest but also about advancement and culture, and the geographical spread is to be considered as well. It is a contender, but there are a few more even in Europe, and I don't see which European country would have to leave.
          Spain is likely to show up in an expansion set though, if Firaxis ever makes one.
          A horse! A horse! Mingapulco for a horse! Someone must give chase to Brave Sir Robin and get those missing flags ...
          Project Lead of Might and Magic Tribute

Comment

The following text did I post weeks ago. I want to take it back. It relates to a cultural missunderstanding of temper that made a chain-treaction of bad words.
            So from my side it's no more actual.
            I leave the text for there are many posts relating to that.

Germans Spaniards(Castillianos incl.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Dear visitors don't let u driven away by idiotic not being able to discuss Jay Bee. Just take part.

I think the only disqualifying himself is Jay Bee.
            quotes like:"...show the world your silliness, this thread serves no purpose whatsoever." instead of argueing.
            Every unpreconcepted reader must feel bad about your style, I'm giving facts and interpretation. And u instead of falsifying and argueing against it do say things like foolish, silly, idiotic.
            By not argueing he tries to show that his view is so clear and undisproveable, he disguises a show of deep knowledge to oppress own ideas and questions.
            Already when I started discussing. He said there were nothing to discuss. Man what are u looking in an international forum. Make your own fascistical internet and shut up.

@Ribannah: u r right, it has been discused before.
            I just think it doesn't really put the issue forward unless it isn't discussed in detail. For every case is complex.
            Debate has ended to me. Let's have a vote in order to finish the issue.

The Spanish and Hispanic league has already voted. Now the unpreconcepted rest, please.

And Jay Bee safe ya garbage-coments
            ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
            Last edited by sargon2; March 27, 2002, 13:44.
            God gave the earth only one kiss,
            that's just where Germany is!
            translated from "Die Prinzen"-Band
            It's ironical against nationalism.

Comment

Not THIS again...

Comment

The Spanish and Hispanic league has already voted. Now the unpreconcepted rest, please.
                so non-spanish people is not going to vote for option 1-2???
                you are such a bad loser

miguelsana@mixmail.com

Comment

I voted for #2.
                  One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

I am from unpreconcepted rest but I voted 1 becuse Spain was the most powerfull country along 16th and first half 17th.

Comment

I read #1 as being along the line of greatest of all time, not greatest at one time, but I now see how it can be read as such.

If the latter is the desired intent I would have voted #1, if the former I stick with #2.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Dear visitors don't let u driven away by idiotic not being able to discuss Jay Bee. Just take part.

I think the only disqualifying himself is Jay Bee.
                        quotes like:"...show the world your silliness, this thread serves no purpose whatsoever." instead of argueing.
                        Every unpreconcepted reader must feel bad about your style, I'm giving facts and interpretation. And u instead of falsifying and argueing against it do say things like foolish, silly, idiotic.
                        By not argueing he tries to show that his view is so clear and undisproveable, he disguises a show of deep knowledge to oppress own ideas and questions.
                        Already when I started discussing. He said there were nothing to discuss. Man what are u looking in an international forum. Make your own fascistical internet and shut up.
                        I agree, and I'll say it for the X hundred time, Spain has a lot more reasons to be in Civ3 than the Americans (No I dont hate the Americans so dont anyone try to play that card), primarly because they have more than 1500 years of culture instead of 225 years and they took part in the colonization of the new world. Imo, England should take both places, Americans AND england, otherwise put Canada, Mexico, Brazil and all those Civs, they all come from the old world like the Americans.

Spec.
                        -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Merde, i cant delete this!
                          Last edited by Alephz; March 20, 2002, 14:29.

Comment

I read #1 as being along the line of greatest of all time, not greatest at one time, but I now see how it can be read as such.

If the latter is the desired intent I would have voted #1, if the former I stick with #2.
                            yes, of course, I think Spain was the most powerfull country on earth at that time not of all time, i think Romans or Mongols were more powerfull.

Comment

Originally posted by Spectator
                              I agree, and I'll say it for the X hundred time, Spain has a lot more reasons to be in Civ3 than the Americans
                              You seem to have gotten the facts wrong. Sargon opened this thread to prove the unworthiness of Spain. Too bad for him that things did not come out the way he expected . Please read the other thread (Portuguese Civ) and you'll understand the reason of Sargon's childish loss of temper.

Comment

Working...
                              X