Portuguese Civ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ecowiz Returns

We are seriously lacking more Portuguese Apolytoners.

Do Brazilian Apolytoners count?
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexnm

Do Brazilian Apolytoners count?
      Are you willing to defend the right of a Portuguese civilization with all your passion and glory, while the rest of the world tries to attack your arguement?

Comment

Originally posted by Beren
        Are you willing to defend the right of a Portuguese civilization with all your passion and glory, while the rest of the world tries to attack your arguement?
        Not the rest of the world. Only the usual trolls. Those who like to despise and offend just for the sake of it. Funny thing is, they later get offended when people respond to their provocations the way a troll deserves. Even funnier, they also try to disguise their actions under a mantle of dignity when their true obsessions are revealed.

Getting back on topic, Eco and other Portuguese friends know that, to me, Spain and Portugal are two sides of the same coin (culturally speaking, that is). A pity that they don't agree much with me!

Comment

Originally posted by Beren

Well, why not? Brazil was originally "invented" by Portugal, we have to support each other, I guess. Okay, so we had our arguments in the past, but today we make fun of them in a tender way...
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

I am displeased with some posters (especially Germans and English) that do jokes with the behavior of our Italian friends in WW2. It is true that the equipment of the Italian troops was totally inadequate (they paid this very expensivly) and that the command was incapable, but the Italian soldier showed more value in the battlefield that the English and even that the German (in Stalingrad and in the whole Russian front for example) and especially (and more important) there showed much more humanity than the German soldiers who were behaving as authentic bandits.

Comment

Originally posted by Alephz
              I am displeased with some posters (especially Germans and English) that do jokes with the behavior of our Italian friends in WW2. It is true that the equipment of the Italian troops was totally inadequate (they paid this very expensivly) and that the command was incapable, but the Italian soldier showed more value in the battlefield that the English and even that the German (in Stalingrad and in the whole Russian front for example) and especially (and more important) there showed much more humanity than the German soldiers who were behaving as authentic bandits.
              Look: if you are bad soldiers, you should be proud of it. Bloodshed is not a good thing.

Comment

Don't take it personally, its not a get-at-Italy free-for-all. If you know any good jokes about British soldiers I would like to hear them.
                One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

Well.... actually it was me (and I'm Italian) that said first that we are not a country of soldiers.
                  Some funny jokes about my country doesn't bug me, cause I know what my country has achieved in other human fields (art, music etc...) and I'm proud of it.
                  We was, we are and we probably be never good soldiers.... (you can't have all) but that's no problem for me (especially if you have America and European Union protecting your shoulders )

So don't worry Alephz, I'm sure no Italian has ever felt offended by this post, I don't see why a non-Italian should.

Peace

Saluti
                  A man who has not been in Italy, is always conscious of an inferiority. -Samuel Johnson- (1709-84), English author
                  I love the language, that soft bastard Latin,/Which melts like kisses from a female mouth,/And sounds as if it should be writ on satin/With syllables which breathe of the sweet South.-Lord Byron- (1788-1824), English poet.
                  Lump the whole thing! Say that the Creator made Italy from designs by Michael Angelo! -Mark Twain- (1835-1910), U.S. author.

Comment

Working...
                  X