What CIV do you miss?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What CIV do you miss?

What nation would you wish you could play?

The mongols

I never played as them, but they werea tough opponent. I'll add them to my game as soon as I get the chance.
    "Government isn't the solution to our problems; Government IS the problem." - Ronald Reagan

No, I don't have Civ4 yet...

Comment

Mongols also. Now all the AI race to build cities like they did. Would be interesting to develop the dialog for the Great Khan. "A plague on all your houses!" -- Was known to shoot diseased bodies off catapults into beseiged cities. "That's the way you raze a city!" -- Utterly destroyed Kiev after a long siege; leaving a pile of skulls where once had been a city of 100,000, one of the largest in Europe prior to its destruction.

Also miss the Celts.
      No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
      "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

I also miss the Mongols as well, I liked playing as them
        I have walked since the dawn of time and were ever I walk, death is sure to follow. As surely as night follows day.

Comment

YeaH, the mongols.
          Traigo sueños, tristezas, alegrías, mansedumbres, democracias quebradas como cántaros,
          religiones mohosas hasta el alma...

Comment

I miss the always infuriating invariably belligerent Mongols too. Sneaky, unprincipled, absolute b@st@rds- but ya gotta luv'em.

I miss the Celts and the Vikings, because of my ancestry, and its always fun to have the Celts discover America first, or Vikings conquering sub-Saharan Africa or China.

I suppose we should be grateful that the Mongols weren't replaced by the Timurids though. Too many razed cities and pyramids of skulls- a pollution icon triangulated?
            Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

The Spanish were one of my favourite civs to play as. The Mongols were my all-time arch-enemies in Civ 2. So far in Civ 3, the Romans, Persians and Japanese give me the most trouble...
              -Daryl
              My words are backed by... Hey! Who stole my uranium??!!!

Comment

The spanish. Guess why?
                Last edited by jasev; February 11, 2002, 15:01.
                "Son españoles... los que no pueden ser otra cosa" (Cánovas del Castillo)
                "España es un problema, Europa su solución" (Ortega y Gasset)
                The Spanish Civilization Site
                "Déjate llevar por la complejidad y cabalga sobre ella" - Niessuh, sabio cívico

Comment

I miss the Cartaginians!
                  It was cool for me (playing as the Romans) to fight Hannibal and its Elaphant!

Saluti
                  A man who has not been in Italy, is always conscious of an inferiority. -Samuel Johnson- (1709-84), English author
                  I love the language, that soft bastard Latin,/Which melts like kisses from a female mouth,/And sounds as if it should be writ on satin/With syllables which breathe of the sweet South.-Lord Byron- (1788-1824), English poet.
                  Lump the whole thing! Say that the Creator made Italy from designs by Michael Angelo! -Mark Twain- (1835-1910), U.S. author.

Comment

I definitely miss the wider variety of barbarians that used to exist. *Ahem* I mean, Celts and Vikings etc. Giovanni knows what Im talking about.

Just kidding all, theyre not barbarians. As a matter of fact, Im a little Celtic myself (Irish). But I always played the Romans, and loved setting myself up against them. Which is what I hate about Civ3, for all intents and purposes, no scenario creating, just an overhyped map creator, that you cant even place starting points on without cheating! Sorry......yeah, so thats who i miss
                    DEVM SVM
                    I cant think of anything else intelligent...except, check out my alternate history page:
                    Roma Invicta

Comment

The Spanish, Mongols, Vikings, Carthaginians and Arabs at least. Also nice would be Maya, Inca, Korea, Netherlands, Macedonians,
                      Blah

Comment

The Scots of course!
                        Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Well if we are expanding this list beyond those Civs that came with the game, then I miss the Dutch the most. Put them into several Civ2 scenarios, and orange was their colour.
                          -Daryl
                          My words are backed by... Hey! Who stole my uranium??!!!

Comment

Scotland

Aye!
                            Wrestling is real!

Comment

Working...
                            X