No announcement yet.

Most ridiculous leader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And why does Alexander look like he's had one too many face lifts, jeez he freaks my friends and me out

Comment

Holy! modern joan d'arc looks like a cancer patient! she's bald, and wearing what i believe to be a hospital gown

Comment

Re: Re: Most ridiculous leader

Originally posted by Playa del Carmen
        Joan of Arc looks suspiciously like Shelly Long.
        Yes! I thought she looked familiar.

and is it just me or does Julius Caesar look a little bit like Buzz lightyear? It's that cheesy grin.

"This is Julius Casaer calling star command. Come in star command"
        Do not be too proud of this technological terror you've constructed...

Comment

The German leader, Bismarck, has some great lines. He talks about you playing a joke on him when your offer in trade is insufficient; threatens you with dire cinsequences if you don't pay him tribute (even when you have more soldiers in his territory than he has citizens left; and remarks about reasonable people rising above the rough world while he breaks treaties and sneak attacks everyone near him. As to looks, Shaka's look reflect a very negative stereotype in medieval and industrial times, and Cleo does indeed look like Bo Peep. I also like "Saint" Joan, a cute way to handle her legend. Obviously, the FirAxis people had fun with this.
          No matter where you go, there you are. - Buckaroo Banzai
          "I played it [Civilization] for three months and then realised I hadn't done any work. In the end, I had to delete all the saved files and smash the CD." Iain Banks, author

Comment

Originally posted by Blaupanzer
            I also like "Saint" Joan, a cute way to handle her legend. Obviously, the FirAxis people had fun with this.
            Yeah but Joan in the Modern Era looks like a femi-nazi

Comment

Originally posted by WoodchuckKing
              Yeah but Joan in the Modern Era looks like a femi-nazi
              This is why France has to go in my games at the end of industrial age by a tank or panzer rush. She looks lovely in the first 3 ages, but I don't want to see her in the modern era.

Comment

Re: Re: Re: Most ridiculous leader

Originally posted by TacticalGrace
                Yes! I thought she looked familiar.
                I'm glad I'm not the only one!

and is it just me or does Julius Caesar look a little bit like Buzz lightyear? It's that cheesy grin.

"This is Julius Casaer calling star command. Come in star command"
                I'd never really noticed it before...I tend not to get into games with the most unattractive leaders. Saves my contacts wear and tear.
                You're a man- you can be replaced.

Comment

I know nobody likes the Iriquois in Civ3 - but ancient Hiawatha reminds me to the days I played Colonization. It's nice to see the same Iriquois leader back.

Comment

hey, you gotta admit caesars sneer is vicious. when abe smiles he looks like he's sucking on a lemon quarter or something else extremely sour (like bi-partisan politics or the bastardization of the GOP ). queen elizabeth looks like a snotty old bit ch, alexander looks too pale to be Greek (he looks like that british actor in I Claudius actually), Tokugawa is hideous, Mao looks like a weasel (not the animal, but a politician), Bismarck looks too old, Shaka has Jay Leno's chin, montezuma looks like that mexican fellow on the tonight show, Cleopatra reminds me of a short tempered grade school teacher, Xerxes and Hammurabi look very accurate, cept in modern times, Hammurabi resembles a hippie (i see a fun mod set in the 1960s with this). Hiawatha is basically caesar with an american indian face, joan d'arc...pitiful, pitiful, I prefer to stare at DeGaulle's huge schnoz than her ugly bald head, and catherine the great is a cow. I think that's all of them. Caesar looks by far the most ruthless which is why I like playing as the romans.

Comment

are you sure? hammurabi looks like he'll rip your face off when he's mad. ugh.. has anyone noticed that queen elizabeth does not smile? she just opens her eyes wide and stares at you. i'd post the picture but you can't attach .pcx files here.

Comment

yeah, hammurabi looks a ***** menacing when he's pissed, but then his dread locks just make him look like he's having a bad trip
                        Caesars sneer can go perfectly in a pinstripe suit with a tommygun at his hip though you know what I mean?
                        as for queen elizabeth, she's an uppity *****!

Comment

Does anyone think that Cathy the Great looks like a maid from Clue or something?
                          For the cities which were formerly great, have most of them become insignificant; and such as are at present powerful, were weak in the olden time.
                          -Herodotus

Comment

Xerxes. I love his funny goatee
                            "You're the biggest user of hindsight that I've ever known. Your favorite team, in any sport, is the one that just won. If you were a woman, you'd likely be a slut." - Slowwhand, to Imran

Eschewing silly games since December 4, 2005

Comment

Some of them are absurd.

You can replace whomever you want with the excellent leaders at this site: http://ccm01.sphosting.com/

Here's Napoleon who replaced Joan:
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Polarkraken
                                Does anyone think that Cathy the Great looks like a maid from Clue or something?
                                Hmmm... now I do.

Comment

Working...
                                X