Babylon! Another poll? Come on now!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Babylon! Another poll? Come on now!

Yes, I know it's yet another leader poll. So who's Babylon's leader going to be?
    Hammurabi the Lawgiver
    48.00%
    Nebuchadnezzar II - the famous one, he made an empire
    22.00%
    Nebuchadnezzar I - the lesser known one, he fought Hittites
    0.00%
    Gilgamesh the Sumerian (why not?)
    0.00%
    Ishtari, the invented female leader derived from the goddess of love and war
    4.00%
    Belshazzar - he read the writing on the wall
    0.00%
    Another Mesopotamian Leader - Other!!!
    0.00%
    I don't care! I don't even know why I'm looking at your stupid poll!
    26.00%
    The Apolytoner formerly known as Alexander01
    "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
    "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
    The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Hey dude this is getting annoying! Stop doing all these seperate polls. You fill up the first page of this fourm with all this poll crap. Now stop!
    However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

I voted the last choice, not because the poll is stupid, just because I don't remember anything about Babylonian rulers, so I pass on this
      "We are reducing all the complexity of billions of people over 6000 years into a Civ box. Let me say: That's not only a PkZip effort....it's a real 'picture to Jpeg heavy loss in translation' kind of thing."
      - Admiral Naismith

Comment

I voted on the first option, but honestly, can't you stop!
        Do not fear, for I am with you; Do not anxiously look about you, for I am your God.-Isaiah 41:10
        I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made - Psalms 139.14a
        Also active on WePlayCiv.

Comment

The second option would be the most satisfying for me.. we need a littl bit of change from Civ 2.
          Socrates: "Good is That at which all things aim, If one knows what the good is, one will always do what is good." Brian: "Romanes eunt domus"
          GW 2013: "and juistin bieber is gay with me and we have 10 kids we live in u.s.a in the white house with obama"

Comment

these poll are becomming a bad habbit.:banned:

Shade
            ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
            "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
            shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Stop whining people, it gives us something to do.

I stay stick with Hammurabi, his inclusion is civ tradition
              Speaking of Erith:

"It's not twinned with anywhere, but it does have a suicide pact with Dagenham" - Linda Smith

Comment

Gosh! You don't have to get snippy about it! Fine! I won't do any more leader polls, ok? But I have been getting mixed signals about all these!

As for you, Techwins, I'm sooo sorry if I blocked all the "crap" that YOU like to look at with "crap" that I like to look at! But come on! There's no real new info on CivIII, so I'm trying to think of SOMETHING interesting. No one really cares just how many feathers will be in the headress of the Iroquois unique unit, or if Chairman Mao's mole is .0003 millimeters off! And then there are COMPLETELY random things on these threads! Like whether the Great Wall can be seen from space! I think everyone's just getting bored because there's nothing new to talk about. No one has anything really interesting to say, but there's no need to be rude!
                Last edited by Alexander I; August 7, 2001, 09:33.
                "God has given no greater spur to victory than contempt of death." - Hannibal Barca, c. 218 B.C.
                "We can legislate until doomsday but that will not make men righteous." - George Albert Smith, A.D. 1949
                The Kingdom of Jerusalem: Chronicles of the Golden Cross - a Crusader Kings After Action Report

Comment

Incidentally, I think it's interesting that 75% of people that voted on the poll actually chose one of the leader selections, while only 25% voted for the "stupid poll" option. It seems the dissatisfied quarter is simply "more vocal" than the other three quarters.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexander01
                    Incidentally, I think it's interesting that 75% of people that voted on the poll actually chose one of the leader selections, while only 25% voted for the "stupid poll" option. It seems the dissatisfied quarter is simply "more vocal" than the other three quarters.
                    That's possible, but if it were true, more people probably would have posted reasons for their choices in your thread. People can be annoyed and still vote.

Comment

Nebuchadnezzar is just such a cool name!
                      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I remember saying this in your last poll (Persia). It's amazing how many people agree with me. I do recommend you stop before you make too many people mad. If you really want to learn how to spam, look up Alexander's Horse (a true pro ). These amateurish spam-polls are getting old.
                        Last edited by Sabre2th; August 8, 2001, 11:52.

Comment

especially when you know that in Babylonian it is something like this: NBCHDNZZR

=> let's add Nbchdnzzr as name

Shade
                          ex-president of Apolytonia former King of the Apolytonian Imperium
                          "I have not failed. I've just found 10,000 ways that won't work." --Thomas Alva Edison (1847-1931)
                          shameless plug to my site:home of Civ:Imperia(WIP)

Comment

Nebuchadnezzar was the name of the hovercraft in The Matrix.

Great movie, if you haven't seen it.

Comment

I voted for good ol' Hammurabi. He's been the Babylonian leader for 9 years, and he should stay there. Hey, there even is a music track on the CIV 2 disk named after him1

Comment

Working...
                              X