MT V - Last Stand at the Alamo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Where is the second page?
    “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

What i ment were IN the second page
      “...This means GCA won 7 battles against our units, had Horsemen retreat from 2 battles against NMs, and lost 0 battles.” --Jon Shafer 1st ISDG

Comment

to make it easier to find the file, I created a new thread. Mods, kindly close this one when you get the time....

-=Vel=-
        The list of published books grows. If you're curious to see what sort of stories I weave out, head to Amazon.com and do an author search for "Christopher Hartpence." Help support Candle'Bre, a game created by gamers FOR gamers. All proceeds from my published works go directly to the project.

Comment

It lags too much! I bought this comp new just 3 years ago, and with 128 RAM! I can't see how a comp twice as powerful as the N64 would lag so bad. Firaxis must have done some poor programming for scenario making.
          Wrestling is real!

Comment

I bought mine over 4 years ago (nearly 5), but changed my CPU to a PIII 850... the only difference being that I bought it with 512 RAM. I have no problems whatsoever running this baby. But indeed, there are huge numbers of troops around, so I can understand it lags. Too bad you can't play it, it is one of the most fun and intense games I've seen so far.

DeepO

Comment

I, er, died.

Comment

One Almighty Bump.

I have a question regarding this scenario. It is stated earlier in the thread that you can't build any more nukes, but is that because they have been removd from the scenario, or because you not have uranium?
                You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Holy bumpinski!!

PM DeepO... he was the most involved after Vel, IIRC.
                  The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Why PM? I'm trying to get him to come out of the GS private forum, which he seems to have lived in like a hermit for the past year and a half...
                    You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

Wow. This is a memory from a long time ago.

(dredging from the deep recesses of my mind...)

Nukes were disabled from being built. Uranium is still on the map, though America has none (making it very difficult to finish the spaceship). As I recall, part of Vel's concept was that nukes were banned worldwide, and the American possession and of nuclear arms and their subsequent refusal to eliminate them sparked the conflict.

Comment

And by the way, I saw Russia and Germany declaring on each other on the first turn, both in PTW and Conquests. Kind of screws up the initial punch the player was supposed to receive, does it not?
                        Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

You ought to play it in Vanilla. It has been years since I saw the castle in the background...

Comment

Vel's scenario is pre-PTW and Conquests, and I don't know what impact the programming changes would have on the scenario.

My experience through play-testing and the MT was that the AI would fight each other. Usually Japan and Russia, but occasionally others would fight as well.

Comment

Imagine this scenario in Conquests with the AIs in locked alliances...

Comment

Originally posted by Kloreep
                                Imagine this scenario in Conquests with the AIs in locked alliances...
                                I suppose someone could try and persuade Vel to edit the scenario.

Comment

Working...
                                X