No announcement yet.

AU 602: Team Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know what you mean, because it is no problem for the AU Mod, or others that include rules only.

But if you have a map in the scenario, the option to change the difficulty in the game setup is not available at all. Honestly, try to set up a game with a premade map to be anything but Regent difficulty. Then tell me how exactly you do it, because I never managed.
    Last edited by Modo44; April 12, 2005, 11:02.
    Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dominae
      With a scenario, you need to set the difficulty levels for each player individually
      Does that mean you can have players playing at differing difficulties? Sorta like a handicap...hmm....
      One who has a surplus of the unorthodox shall attain surpassing victories. - Sun Pin
      You're wierd. - Krill

An UnOrthOdOx Hobby

Comment

• Originally posted by Modo44
        But if you have a map in the scenario, the option to change the difficulty in the game setup is not available at all. Honestly, try to set up a game with a premade map to be anything but Regent difficulty. Then tell me how exactly you do it, because I never managed.
        Well, what difficulty level are you playing at in the C3CDG?

After you load the scenario, the Game Setup interface tells you that you are locked into Regent. But this is just a bug. As long as you follow the steps I outlined above you should be able to set difficulty levels in MP scenarios.
        And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

• Modo is not playing in that game...
          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dominae
            With a scenario, you need to set the difficulty levels for each player individually when creating the scenario. Also, for PBEMs, you need to change the default difficulty in the multiplayer Game Setup screen. You need to do this after you load the scenario, because it reverts back to Regent if you do it in reverse order.
            The bold text got me all confused. The thing is you can not change anything after you load the scenario into the PBEM setup, because this actions turns off most of the controls (including the difficulty setting.)

But it is all good, as long as you change the difficulty level before loading the scenario. I just checked, and the magic worked. Thank you, Dominae.

Sorry for the slight threadjack.
            Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• Now I'm confused, because everything Modo said looks right [edit: except the original reply to vulture re: needing an edit. ]. I don't know if changing the individual settings actually does anything, but what Dom's saying isn't relevant here because this is a 'scenario' with a premade map. Once loaded, these scenarios only display "custom" in the dropdown box with no option to change. The actual difficulty level (as reported after the password is entered) is whatever the difficulty was set to before the biq was loaded, regardless of what the settings were in the editor (or at least if they were left on the default "any" setting).
              Last edited by Rommel2D; April 12, 2005, 17:35.
              Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

• Originally posted by Modo44
                The bold text got me all confused. The thing is you can not change anything after you load the scenario into the PBEM setup, because this actions turns off most of the controls (including the difficulty setting.)

But it is all good, as long as you change the difficulty level before loading the scenario. I just checked, and the magic worked. Thank you, Dominae.
                Sorry. I knew there is a way of doing it...I just have to relearn it every time!

Comment

• Originally posted by Rommel2D
                  Once loaded, these scenarios only display "custom" in the dropdown box with no option to change. The actual difficulty level (as reported after the password is entered) is whatever the difficulty was set to before the biq was loaded, regardless of what the settings were in the editor (or at least if they were left on the default "any" setting).
                  I remember that this was once an essential step, but maybe there's been a change since. I make sure to do both when I set up a scenario, just in case.

Comment

• I just double-checked and leaving the player difficulties at default in the editor does mean the pre-load default setting is used for v1.22.

It sure doesn't look like it was designed that way from the beginning, tho...

Comment

• So?

Comment

• Um, so Dom's probably right that it once worked differently.

I would imagine that leaving obsolete features like this hanging around is an open invitation for bugs (not to mention confusion among amatuer modders)...

Comment

• Hey guys, LOOONG time, no see.....

I would like to also play, if it's not too late to still enter that is.

1. Whether you want to be in an alliance or FFA game.
                          Both. Persia if possible
                          2. If alliance, who you have or would like as a partner. If possible, teams should include a mix of experience levels.
                          I haven't looked at who all is playing, but let's see who wants to team up
                          3. What level do you typically play at in SP?
                          Monarch, when I had last played SP, but then, I would rather play humans....
                          4. Pick one word: Builder, Warmonger, Warbuilder, Micromanager, Diplomat, Roleplayer, Evil Genius (OK, that’s two words), Banana
                          hehe... Micro-Planner
                          5. What civ(s) you’d like to play.
                          Persia
                          6. If you are not primarily an Apolyton poster, what site is your home?
                          I haven't been much of anywhere for sometime, for various reasons, but this sounds fun.

E_T
                          Come and see me at WePlayCiv
                          Worship the Comic here!
                          Term IV DFM for Trade, Term V CP & Term VI DM, Term VII SMC of Apolytonia - SPDGI, Minister of the Interior of the PTW InterSite Demo Game

Comment

• OMG E_T SIGHTING!
                            A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

• Looks like we need some subs in LA5 - have other LAs allready started off?

Comment

• LA3 is moving. Very slowly but moving

Comment

Working...
                                X