No announcement yet.

AU 602: Team Play

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Well, this is new territory (pun intended )... how do people want to handle the DARs?

And yes, Platypus Rex, I edited the opening post to reflect a more precised nomenclature for DARs, e.g., 'AU602-FFA1: Sir Ralph's Asian DARs'.
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

• I had difficulties finding the user "Fugon". My e-mail is:
      Andrzej TOD Sawicki TA gmail TOD com
      Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• Originally posted by Maxfin
        Could someone inform for this newbie whats going on with this game. When are we starting and what do I need to do. Also I would like to know excact settings for this game. Looks like it will be premade map so cutting down some MP parts of this game.
        Originally posted by Maxfin
        Yup all those things are very clear but still they didn't answer to my questions...

Which settings are we using?
        Do we got some changes for standard rule set?
        What I need to do prior receiving first save?
        * We are just waiting on vulture's final review before posting the initial save.

* The settings are in the first post... what info is missing?

* How does a designed map "cut down" the MP aspect of the game?

* We ended up with stock rules.

* PM your email addy to the player before you in turn order.
        The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

• Sorry Maxfin, but that is as much as I know. Hoowever, you did ask for what you have to do, and the DARs are mandatory...
          You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Modo makes a good point... because this a partially inter-site game, PMing various players is not always an option.

If anyone has that problem, PM either me or Lord Nuclear, and we will take care of it.

Comment

• Originally posted by Modo44
              I had difficulties finding the user "Fugon". My e-mail is:
              Andrzej TOD Sawicki TA gmail TOD com

And that is why he`s called Fugón, difficult to be found.

Try with "Fugón!"

Anyway, he can read your mail here.

Comment

• Do I receive my pbem pswrd or will you ask us to inform which ones we want? Or can we actually choose own pswrd when we receive first turn? First pbem game for me so sry for stupid question.

Spotted some new things from first posts so never mind for other things

What comes to comment about premade map. Basically all strategies used in premade maps will be different then in random maps...(just my own opinion)

Last edited by Maxfin; April 7, 2005, 12:32.
                Admin - Civ3players - www.myleague.com/civ3players
                Director of Nation's cup - http://civ3players.proboards2.com/index.cgi?board=NATION
                World of Warcraft - Azjol Nerub realm

Comment

• Re: AU 602: Team Play

Vulture hasn't said exactly how passwords are happening yet.

As far as map editing, I wouldn't change strategy unless I knew something about the maker's tendencies...
                  Last edited by Rommel2D; April 7, 2005, 12:39.
                  Enjoy Slurm - it's highly addictive!

Comment

• Re: Re: AU 602: Team Play

Originally posted by Rommel2D

(I know Theseus is rambling a bit there, but this isn't that hard to pick out of the first post...)
                    Yup Even then I saw them just couple mins ago
                    Director of Nation's cup - http://civ3players.proboards2.com/index.cgi?board=NATION

Comment

• I agree to Maxfin somehow - a fair map dont have to be a interesting map.

But for such a long game its prob a very good idea - I appriciate the work u guys put into get this games going!

What really sounds a bit strange to me is this 3 cont - 1 for every team thing.

Think this ll affect tactics a lot .....

Comment

• Meh, I'll admit that I don't care.

Just remember that Arabia is the only expansionist civ in the game...
                        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

• Originally posted by tommynt
                          I agree to Maxfin somehow - a fair map dont have to be a interesting map.

But for such a long game its prob a very good idea - I appriciate the work u guys put into get this games going!

What really sounds a bit strange to me is this 3 cont - 1 for every team thing.

Think this ll affect tactics a lot .....
                          Agreed. Basically it will fully close 2 MP strategies(early rush/choke).

Long and good game coming I would say.

Comment

• FYI everybody: vulture has had some sort of problem with his 'poly account, and can't post (if it ain't one thing, its another!).

So, he has forwarded the save and password file to me, which I have forwarded to Lord Nuclear for posting and distribution.

We're almost there!!

Comment

• Everybody in the FFA up for a rapid fire session over the weekend?
                              Last edited by Krill; April 8, 2005, 12:38.

Comment

• Almost... now I have to meet the people in my game.

my civ email is godking ta prodigy tod net, or PM me.
                                If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

Working...
                                X