No announcement yet.

AU AC Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well, you could certainly start with the scenario I've done, and switch it to random maps.

I'll say again though:

The Med Sea provides for some fascinating naval issues, even if though one knows its general map and the surrounding civs (which, btw, everyone did in a general way by around 1500BC, and certainly by the mid-first millenium BC).

It's just too damn far to have to go around the Black Sea on land!!
    The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Playtesting Carthage... this sucks!
      Attached Files
      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

Have you considered the possibility that introducing plague to the scenario might not be such a good thing after all?

Personally, I view plague as something that makes the game less fun. If a player wants Civ to be as realistic as possible, I suppose plague might be considered a good thing. But the way I look at it, taking a definitely-not-fun (to put it mildly) element from real life and transplanting it into a game does not magically make it fun.

Comment

I'm going to stick with plague for the moment... while it's not "fun" I do think that it represents a strategic challenge. It's really not so much worse than a run of horrific RNG results, whether in combat or suicide Galleys, or a particularly tough resource challenge, etc.

It certainly makes researching Sanitation much more important!!

Comment

Working...
          X