Member Count

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Member Count

Simply vote for the option that fits you most. This is to find out how many members actually participate in the AU.
    I'm an extremely active member and I participate in all AU Courses
    16.67%
    I'm an active member and I participate in most AU Courses
    22.22%
    I drop by every odd day and I participate in half of AU Courses
    7.41%
    I rarely drop by and I paticipate in some AU Courses
    11.11%
    I only lurk and I rarely or never participate in AU Courses
    14.81%
    I'm an active member and I participate in most AU Courses and I plan to improve
    3.70%
    I drop by every odd day and I participate in half of AU Courses and I plan to improve
    0.00%
    I rarely drop by and I paticipate in some AU Courses and I plan to improve
    5.56%
    I only lurk and I rarely or never participate in AU Courses and I plan to improve
    18.52%

I'm a Lurker, although now that I've posted, I guess I can't keep that title anymore. I've only officially participated in AU302-Gargantua, and never finished due to time conflicts. But I have played (on my own) Banana Island, Give Peace a Chance, OCC, and I've recently started into The Power of Randomness. I don't have alot of dedicated play time, and most games take close to a month for me to finish. Although I don't have time to participate, I'm intrigued to see what happens with the current AU course on pillaging. It's something that I never really thought of as a viable strategy.

Anyway, I hope to get more involved in the future, once life's obstacles slow down.
    "These rocks, he thought, are here for me; waiting for the drill, the dynamite and my voice; waiting to be split, ripped, pounded, reborn; waiting for the shape my hands will give them". -Ayn Rand , The Fountainhead

Comment

Well, it's obvious AU participation has dropped considerably since the release of the last patch of C3C. Maybe the final patch will fix enough things to get people excited again.

Comment

I would also appreciate if any person who feels the AU needs to improve in a certain way, or if they are to afraid to be critizied, or if you have any comments or suggestions, please post in this thread or PM me.

Comment

hmmm, I havent really been here before, but I imagine that I could attend rather often.
          Diplogamer formerly known as LzPrst

Comment

I am semi active.

I drop by a few days a week.

But I have played all the Conquests AU courses.

I just didn't post 502 (Too many Demo games )

Im planning on posting 503, but it will take a while.
            *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Originally posted by Nuclear Master
              I would also appreciate if any person who feels the AU needs to improve in a certain way, or if they are to afraid to be critizied, or if you have any comments or suggestions, please post in this thread or PM me.
              As I said in the publicity thread we should start posting "news Stories" more often.

Start here, get different members to post notices in different threads, like the ISDG's and the inhouse demo game forums.

Then branch out and see what we can get posted at other sites.
              *"Winning is still the goal, and we cannot win if we lose (gawd, that was brilliant - you can quote me on that if you want. And con - I don't want to see that in your sig."- Beta

Comment

Sixteen people voted for active or extremely active. Do we usually get that amount for an AU course?

Comment

I'm semi-active in the forum, posting suggestions if I can think of any decent ones (but most people beat me), and I like to play the courses when they come out, and again after the DARs, to see if I have learnt anything new
                  You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

hi ,

, a link in a couple sigs might do good also , ....

vote ; I rarely drop by and I paticipate in some AU Courses and I plan to improve

have a nice day
                    - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                    - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                    WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Lurk and read most all of most threads, hardly post, rarely play - the former two because I have nothing to add to already detailed discussions, the latter because the past few AU courses haven’t struck my fancy.

Sixteen people voted for active or extremely active. Do we usually get that amount for an AU course?
                      For my own information, I was curious as to what level most of these games were being played and went through the last three AU courses and did a quick count and tabulation based on the starting DAR. FYI, there are at least 16 people who started each course (heavily skewed toward Emperor level). Uncertain what number of those finished.
                      Last edited by TheArsenal; May 20, 2004, 18:37.
                      "Guess what? I got a fever! And the only prescription is ... more cow bell!"

Comment

For anyone who voted for one of the options that have the text "and I plan to improve", and feels that they are not comfortable with the current situation, please PM or post in this thread if you have any suggestions or comments.
                        Last edited by Tassadar500; May 20, 2004, 21:18.

Comment

For anyone who voted I plan to improve, what would make the situation more comfortable for you to get involved in?
                          I think you need to rephrase this, I dont understand.

I play the games, I post them when I have time. I do read all the DAR's.

Ill comment here and there, thats as invovled as I can get right now.

I play stock because I use what I learn here in Demo games and PBEMs.

This is a "Means to an End" for me. Not an "End" on to itself.

Comment

I don't know why you don't understand. Did you vote for one of the options that said "Plan to improve"?

Comment

I don't know why you don't understand. Did you vote for one of the options that said "Plan to improve"?
                              Yes that part I understood.

And if I think I understand your question correctly, my answer is I like whats happeneing with AU right now, I dont need any changes. If you guys want to do something for the n00b's thats fine too.

Comment

Working...
                              X