Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What to do

I attempted this AU Pillage and Plunder at Monarchy level:

Started off with my worker getting the road to ivory right off, then sugar, then headed north. I thought this to be reasonably safe (about three turns of safe).

I had limited success pillaging with the scouts. I tried to pick on the Hittites first lost 1 or 2, minor pillaging accomplished. Gained 1 Hittite worker. Oh how could I forget losing 2 cities to the Vikings, while taking one of theirs.

I had no ideas that two civ’s that just met can allied to destroy me( Hittites & Mongols),
    Then Scandinavian and Mongols allied to destroy me. Between that and that fast regenerating raging hordes, I really never got a break. Then there was the Scandinavians, filling in every whole near me possible.

Lost and gained iron several times. The catapults did come to my rescue several times.

Suing for peace 1st time, cost Iron working with Hittites/ 60gold second time
    200 gold with Scandinavians
    40 gold with Mongols

By 600AD the Sistine Chapel was built. As for myself, I barely got granaries built.

I am deciding to go back and take my lumps or start over.

Could not get the creen shots small enough or right format.
    When I did my screen print, I pasted to a word document.

How else does one do it?
    anti steam and proud of it

CDO ....its OCD in alpha order like it should be

Comment

Hey everybody!!

I have not been around the Internet much for the past month or so, but.... I'm ba-ack!!

I HAVE, however, been banging away at AU 503. A bee-yatch of a course, but a lot of fun (nasty fun, that is. ). I'm almost done with it... Fun and Games with Modern Armor.

I'm catching up on the various forums, and will do my AAR over the next week or so.
      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Great to see you back Theseus....make sure you head over to the AU601 threads!
        So if you meet me have some courtesy, have some sympathy and some taste
        Use all your well-learned politesse, or I'll lay your soul to waste

Re-Organisation of remaining C3C PBEMS

Comment

I'll beg off of 601 for the moment... I need to catch up in general, do my 503 AAR, etc., before I can start something new. If someone would like to play me in a late 601 (as I understand it), I'd be up for it in a week or two.
          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Re: What to do

Give it another go, Platypus Rex!

Originally posted by Platypus Rex
            Could not get the creen shots small enough or right format.
            When I did my screen print, I pasted to a word document.

How else does one do it?
            Paste it into a graphics editor -- MS Paint is in the Programs / Accessories directory from the Start menu in MSFT operating systems. A great free graphics program is Irfanview -- www.irfanview.com -- download and install Irfanview. Paste your screenshot into Irfanview and you can easily resize the image to 800 x 600 and save as a JPEG (.jpg) -- Apolyton is happy with 800 x 600 .jpgs.

Catt

Comment

Will do

thank you for the site

where would you lilked it pinned

Comment

PR, if you still can't work out Irfanview (it took me a while too, despite vmxa1's excellent instructions!), send me your save and tell me what screenie you want to post and I'll do it for you.

As Catt says, keep trying....it's worth it to become part of the AU community!

By the way....on your game, you talked about pillaging with scouts....you mean the starting scout or Chasquis?

On the military alliance, as long as the two civs have established an embassy, they can create a military alliance against you. The key here is to trade with them before this happens and keep them happy, even bribe them if necessary. Still, in my experience you were pretty unlucky to have 2 civs ally against you so early.

But don't listen to me.....the clear front-runner in diplomatic genius in AU is Catt....so listen to him!

Comment

2nd try at Monarchy level Pillage and Plunder

Faired better for a little while longer thanks to Aquas info.

Still being out produced in cities and units.
                  I Decided just to pick on the Monguls becuse they were closer.

Managed some good trades with Scandavia and Hittites.

Its 1600BC here are some Stats

Monguls 6 cities at least 16 units, Archers and Spearmen
                  Hittities 5 Cities at least 8 unitss
                  Scandavian 5 Cities at least 8 units

Just as I had iron coming in, the Mongols Liberated that city, but was able to pillage the resource and am now the spearman is standing guard on it.

I will have to sue for peace shortly, but at least I will continue this one.

LESSONS: Dont Plunder or pillage with only one unit
                  Last edited by Addled Platypus; July 10, 2004, 20:01.

Comment

attempting to attach map

failed

Comment

and here's PR's map

EDIT: Sabre is right - image deleted. Sorry. I'll relocate it.
                      Last edited by Aqualung71; July 12, 2004, 20:50.

Comment

i think spoiler screenshots shouldn't be in this thread. i've already played past this spot, but some people may start later...
                        - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
                        - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

Working...
                        X