• Show
Clear All

• pity!

however, hope to see you back with C:IV
    - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
    - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

• Sorry to see you leave, Dominae.
      Thanks for all you have done for the AU.

Comment

• Originally posted by alexman
        This is what is in the first post already:

AU Mod 1.04: The latest changes voted in for the AU502 game.

AU Mod Graphics: An optional file that displays the correct Industrial age tech tree. Unzipping into your Scenarios folder will create an AU Mod directory where AU Mod games look for overriding files. If these graphics are not installed, the default C3C tech tree background is used.

How would you suggest improving it?
        Actually, the precise problem with that wording (to my dreadfully literal mind) is that it says to unzip the Mod Graphics into the Scenarios folder, rather than to unzip the mod and then the graphics. So I recommend the following:

AU Mod 1.04: The latest changes voted in for the AU502 game. Unzipping into your Scenarios folder will create an AU Mod directory where AU Mod games look for overriding files.

AU Mod Graphics: An optional file that displays the correct Industrial age tech tree. Unzip into the same directory. If these graphics are not installed, the default C3C tech tree background is used.

BTW, when I have to write instructions to my end-users I have found that it is *impossible* to be too detailed in giving instructions, and that no instructions can overcome the inability to read... I have the button: "Programming is a race between programmers trying to create bigger and better idiot-proof programs and the universe trying to create bigger and better idiots."

The same applies to instructions, and the universe always wins.
        "...your Caravel has killed a Spanish Man-o-War."

Comment

• Good luck, Dominae. I can understand how you feel, as I feel the same way. I may return to the game later this year, though, probably with my own mod, which will be a modified AU mod (and so, practically an AU mod mod ). I hope (and have no doubt), that you will return to the game too.

Nathan would be a very good replacement, if he agrees to take the duty.

Comment

• Thanks all.

Sir Ralph, I'm worried: how is life away from Civ3?!
            And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

• Last edited by Harovan; March 25, 2004, 13:51.

Comment

• Sorry about your resignation, Dominae. And if the AU mod will do fine in the future, it'll be also because you suggested a mod panel in the first place.

EDIT: And I really hope that nbarclay accepts the now vacant panel position.
                "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

• Sorry to hear you're leaving, Dom! Will you be leaving your Demogame teams as well?
                  I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

• Can somebody please open a new thread regarding new membership of the AU mod panel, Dominae's departure, et cetera, so we can save this thread for AU mod announcements and discussion thread proposals?

Thanks!

Comment

• I added an optional AU mod version of the Civilopedia.txt file in the initial post. It works the same was as the Industrial Age background. Let me know if you see any errors.

Comment

• Does the link to download the AU mod in the first post match everything in patch version 1.22?

Comment

• Yes, AU 1.04 works with patch 1.22, and you don't even need any graphics downloads because the tech tree is the same now!

Comment

• Now that the removal of Electronics as prerequisite of Motorized Transportation is part of the stock game (since C3C v1.20), it is confusing that this change is still listed as part of the AU mod. OTOH, by simply removing it from the change list we would also delete the link to the ToE discussion.

So I suggest to create a new section (after 'Changes in version v1.04') called 'Changes in former AU mod versions that are now part of C3C's stock game' and move the Mot. Transport. change to this section. (Hopefully, it'll be followed by other entries. )
                            "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

• We currently have 5 issues under consideration. Soon after these have been settled, the plan is to freeze the AU mod until the final C3C patch (June?), so people have a chance to get used to it without constant changes.

Therefore, now is your chance to bring up any issues that need considering in this mod before the freeze.
                              Revive the old threads, or post here for new issues!

Comment

• Sorry I havne't been around too much. I'll catch up and vote now. I think freezing the AU Mod for a couple of months is a good idea, especially given some of the open issues with C3C itself.
                                Last edited by Theseus; May 2, 2004, 14:09.
                                The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Working...
                                X