No announcement yet.

AUSG101 – Spaceship Team DAR 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am not a user of camps, so I was lost as to weither I should be disbanding any of them or not.

I have not traded any contacts so far. I have contact with all civs.

I have upgraded some units and hope to get Kyoto as they have lost some spears and I have pillage soem tiles. The battle was not going all that great and I have not been able to get more troops up to help. I would probably want to get peace after get the GL captured.
    I am guessing the US has backed up a bit as we now have Pikes. I have not started any wonders either.
    US completed Great Wall. I have been trying to get roads on all tiles, especally the border tiles.
    Will soon be making universities, but I was not paying attention and got a shock to see the FP finish. I think I would have switched it to a wonder for Sistines if I was alert. I am not sure what the plan was for the FP/Palace.
    Attached Files

Comment

Since we were going to bonk some Japanese heads, please find below the short story of the First (and Only) War against Japan (550 BC - 30 AD)

550 BC: I activated the Governor managing citizen moods. With 19 cities, you’ll never know. I realized not many cities had military police in them. This causes a loss of happy citizen, but I won’t spend resources putting MP in every city. I hope to get to Republic asap. In the meantime, I’m putting those MP to border cities.
      Since we have do destroy those ‘weak’civs (Japan and America), lets do it properly. I switched all cities improvements (with a very few exception based on shield losses) to barracks and military units.

530 BC: Kyoto finished the GLighthouse. We declared war on Japan.

510 BC: 10+ Barbs Horsemen are pouring down from the north… Osaka is captured. 1 conscript Spearman lost. Traded Literature, contact with America, one copper ring and world map with Sauron for Monotheism. Traded Literature, contact with the Carthaginians, world map and 30 gold for Feudalism with Babylon (they really do not know the worth of some rings…).

490 BC: we march upon Kyoto with 12 Sworsdmen; the Barbs are nearing our northern cities.

470 BC: more Barbs from the West; the Eastern is holding, for now…

430 BC: the N Barbs threat is over.

410 BC: Kyoto has fallen; the GLighthouse is our.

390 BC: the good news is that Nara (Japan) has defeated 8 Barbs Horsemen. The bad new is that now we are facing 2 Spears an 1 Elite Archer.

330 BC: a suicide S/S team came out from Edo… ah, now we have too many workers….

310 BC: Nagoya is ours…

270 BC: our Sages discovered Engineering.

230 BC: we discovered the English lost tribe. Traded Mysticism and Mathematics for all their 155 gold. Traded Engineering, world map, a brass ring and contact with he English for the Republic with Sauron. Traded contact with the English with Carthage for 16 gold. The same with Babylon for 30 gold and the same again with America for 10 gold. All civs except India (2 gold!) are broke.

170 BC: switched to Republic.

150 BC: traded horses and Polytheism for ivory with England.

130 BC: Bat Rays founded on the big island E.

50 BC: created embassies with all civs.

10 BC: Tokio has fallen.

30 AD: Japan is history, and finally a GL! Its use will be determined later…

50 BC: our Galley south saw another civ far, far away… Invention 1 turn away. We are no. 1, including culture.

I lost track on how many times I sold the world map and some assorted techs, but we have now 1’000+ gold. We also have 25-30 cities (I lost the count).

AD 50 +: since our military buildup is now in high gear, let’s bonk some American heads. Maybe later on we’ll find time to build some city improvements.
      Attached Files
      The Mountain Sage of the Swiss Alps

Comment

And a screenshot (we have 2 luxuries). We definitely need to expand a bit more...

edit: no screenshot, it's too big; you'll get a proper one this evening.

Comment

The screenshot
          Attached Files

Comment

Summary
            Eliminated Japan, established an efficient double-core economy, built 25 Horsemen, and saved the cash to upgrade them to Ansars. Switched government to Republic.

Military
            We lost 9 Swordsmen in the Japanese campaign. However, the war was swift because barbarian uprisings had decimated Japan, and they didn’t have the cash to buy units (We captured at least two empty cities!). The downside is that just one unit was promoted to Elite, and of course we got no leaders. After the war, we continued building horsemen from our two barracks cities, and saved the necessary cash for the eventual upgrade.
            The Arabian army at 50 A.D.:
            25 Horsemen (Vet)
            4 Spearmen (Vet)
            6 Swordsmen (1 Elite)
            42 Workers + 9 Slaves

Economy
            The palace jump to former Japan allows us to research at a very good pace. We have built several Libraries, Marketplaces, Aqueducts, and Courthouses, so we are ready for a very productive GA.

Exploration
            After capturing the Great Lighthouse in Kyoto, discovering all remaining civilization was trivial. Brought Germany up-to-date and traded for her free technology: Feudalism. England had nothing but cash to offer, so we left her backwards.

Tech race
            We continued gifting technologies to everyone, while trying to research technologies that the AI was least likely to research. In this block of turns the AI contributed the Republic, Feudalism, and Invention. India will surely research Chivalry soon. We can sustain a 4-turn research pace at a 50gpt loss in income. As soon as India discovers Chivalry, we will upgrade our Horsemen and get a golden age, so we can keep up the 4-turn pace. Gift Invention to everyone and hopefully the AI can get Gunpowder before we discover Printing Press, Banking and Astronomy, but I doubt it.

Trade
            We are importing three luxuries (for a total of 5), mainly exchanged for technologies. This abundance of luxuries made it worthwhile to switch to the Republic.

Future plans
            Wait for Chivalry (should come soon from India), and upgrade our Horsemen. Probably attack America, even though they have the Great Wall (just conquer Washington first). Use the GA to sustain a 4-turn pace. Continue gifting technologies to the AI, and let them research all the optional ones.

Last edited by alexman; October 8, 2003, 10:40.

Comment

And here is the save and the timeline.
              Last edited by alexman; October 8, 2003, 10:38.

Comment

Very nice job guys.

Comment

Sorry in advance for the brevity of my summary I was more worried about getting done before the deadline

Japan is gone and I placed a couple more cites in their gaps to keep Abe away Chicago also culturally flipped to us shortly before the end of the war, I'm willing to bet New Orleans will too, give it's still small (no temple most likely). Slowly turning the MP/garrisons over to Pikes to free up the horses for conversion to knights. I'm about done with the run of pikes, and will next block build more horses. Note that Basra isn't -really- building the GL this late, that's a placeholder for Leo's - I should have invention done in 5 I'm also trying to make sure we have temples/catherdrals everywhere to lessen the need for MP and getting in a few aqueducts for the cites not on rivers and lakes. Workers ar just about done clearing the jungle and most of our original land is developed, they'll drift up to Japan and get that developed soon. I probably built too many pikes, but paper-thin defense makes me antsy...

I traded up into our current research position and gifted up to Map Making to Germany in hopes they will soon build a harbour so we can trade sliks with them. Only lost a handful of swords to Japan; as in alex's game they were decimated by contanst barb attacks - I didn't get any empty citres tho

But there's no sense crying over every mistake. You just keep on trying till you run out of cake.
                  PolyCast | Girl playing Civ + extra added babble! | Yo voté en 2008!

Comment

Due in part to 'Poly's problems with downloads, etc. and partly to the fact that there aren't that many turnblocks submitted, I am officially extending the deadline for DAR4 until Thursday at 23:59 eastern time. At that time, no matter what the status of 'Poly, the discussion phase will begin.

Comment

A little past the deadline, but here it is

Overall

Killed the Japanese, capturing the Great Lighthouse in the process. Have made contact with all civs except the still-hidden English. Forbidden Palace is complete, waiting for a palace jump to Kyoto.

Economy and Tech

500 gold in the bank, with many marketplaces already built, and more on the way. Switching the Palace to Kyoto will help also, and a few more cities should be settled in that area. We are a Republic, and currently hold a 1-tech lead over our closest rival, the Black Land. Gunpowder on the way in 5 turns. 28 cities in all.

Military

Military is still rather small. The Japanese destruction force consisted of only 7 swords and 4 horses, of which 2 horses and 1 sword were lost. However, we did generate a great leader, Uthman! He is currently residing in Bukhara, until it is decided just what to do with him. Rest of forces:

4 spear
                      2 pike
                      8 sword
                      13 horse

however, Mecca and Kufah are now set to pumping out pikes and horses, respectively, every 3 turns. Basra is set to join in, and Yamama can also when the market is complete.

Looking Ahead

Palace jump is next clear step, of course, with a few more cities added to the former Japanese lands. A war to trim down the US would seem advisable, especially with Ansars on the way.
                      I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

and a pic...
                        Attached Files

Comment

And the save
                          Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Sage
                            The screenshot
                            Attached Files

Comment

Our military (there seems to be a problem with attachments...)
                              Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Mountain Sage
                                Our military (there seems to be a problem with attachments...)
                                In plain English:
                                4 Spearmen
                                1 Archer
                                10 Swordsmen
                                3 Pikemen
                                23 Horsemen
                                1 Great Leader
                                90% are vets
                                and Barracks in most towns...

Comment

Working...