AUSG101 – Domination Team DAR 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by alexman
    MZ already has 12 Medieval Infanry ready to go, while Taian does not even know Feudalism. Taian's horsemen would have a hard time against Numidian Mercs, but MZ's attack-4 units have a good chance to make some immediate progress. Taian may have a lot of units, but many of them are Spearmen.

They are both good games, however.
    Yes, they are. Ae you talking about 12 MI spread in various cities?
    I do not find any in a standing army (I mean stacked ready to go).
    As to feudalism, there is no real big need for it as you are not going to be attacked by anyone. I did not check on how many swords would be available for upgrades.
    You may be correct about the Nums, but 8 horses stand a good change to bust some heads.
    I don't think it matters about the cities not being producive right now as they only care about cracking Carth.
    One plus is the 8 galleys ready to use for any invasions.
    The spears I would think are meant to cober any retreating horses and to hold any captured city.
    So all in all they are both in good shape. I am just expressing my lame style. I have a hang up about controlling my area. I guess I am just a builder at heart.

Comment

Actually, I like that too. On the other hand, if you look at the two saves, Taian's extra cities are not making his empire have a stronger economy.
      I know those cities aren't helping the economy...mostly because there's no FP yet. I hadn't really intended to have them be overly productive yet...just cover the land since I'm not really that big on colonies. As well, I'm going to need the land area covered to hit the domination victory. I could have left it and built them later, but it was easier just to keep them around after capturing them.

MZ already has 12 Medieval Infanry ready to go, while Taian does not even know Feudalism. Taian's horsemen would have a hard time against Numidian Mercs, but MZ's attack-4 units have a good chance to make some immediate progress. Taian may have a lot of units, but many of them are Spearmen.
      I don't really have any intention of wasting the horse against the Numidians. I just didn't have any use for them up north, so I sent them down near Carthage. I have every intention of waiting for Ansars and then mass upgrading. I know it will mean a slower conquest of Carthage, but I'm not that concerned...things are already well in hand. Note that I could buy Feudalism from Mordor and then I would still have enough gold to upgrade my 6 swordsmen (120 gold) and would be 1 gold short of upgrading another 6 warriors straight to the same. So...the capability exists for me to have 12 MI as well to join my 20 horsemen. The reason I don't trade for Feudalism is because it would cost me Contact with Carthage and my World Map. Really, we could make the trade right now and go to town on Carthage; the production capacity exists. Anyway, that's why I haven't got to Feudalism yet (one of the reasons anyway ).

I've also already put down the Barbs on my continent. They wandered in a number of turns ago while I was still beating on the Americans for the last time.
      Walk softly and carry a big stick...or better yet, a remote controlled nuclear device.

Comment

The voting for the fourth turn block is finished and Master Zen is the choice. Congratulations Master Zen. The fifth turn block will be posted in a new DAR thread. Everyone will have 10 days to complete the fifth turn block. That means the DARs will need to be posted by 23:59 EST Tuesday the 21st. This is being done for three reasons…one to get back onto the normal schedule, two to hopefully draw back the people who have stopped playing by giving them more time to play, and three I will be gone from the 16th through the 20th.

Comment

After the fact, but I totally concur with the selection of MZ's save. Well done!!

(but who had an ARMY??!! )
          The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
            After the fact, but I totally concur with the selection of MZ's save. Well done!!

(but who had an ARMY??!! )
            Sorry Theseus. Even if yours might have been picked you forgot to attach the save. Since you were gone and couldn't upload anything I had to disqualify yours.

Comment

That is what happen, I look at your post, but had to no save, so it could not be used anyway.

Comment

Working...
              X