AUSG101 – Domination Team DAR 4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ok that's good

same to anyone who wants to send me this round's save so I can play it before the deadline e-mail: raguil AT masterzen DOT net.
    Last edited by Master Zen; October 7, 2003, 22:45.
    A true ally stabs you in the front.

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Are you sure that's you're address exactly? It's not the one I've just sent the saves to.

Comment

doh, it's DOT net : idiot:

yes I did get them, thank you very much

Secretary General of the U.N. & IV Emperor of the Glory of War PTWDG | VIII Consul of Apolyton PTW ISDG | GoWman in Stormia CIVDG | Lurker Troll Extraordinaire C3C ISDG Final | V Gran Huevote Team Latin Lover | Webmaster Master Zen Online | CivELO (3°)

Comment

Forgot the save...not like it will help much though seeing as there seem to be some troubles with images/files atm...
          Attached Files
          Walk softly and carry a big stick...or better yet, a remote controlled nuclear device.

Comment

Due in part to 'Poly's problems with downloads, etc. and partly to the fact that there aren't that many turnblocks submitted, I am officially extending the deadline for DAR4 until Thursday at 23:59 eastern time. At that time, no matter what the status of 'Poly, the discussion phase will begin.

Comment

Thank you : unworthy :

Comment

Ok, since I played before seeing Rhoth's extension I kinda rushed through it and didn't do any turn by turn reports so I'll try and make as detailed a summary as I can from what I can remember:

Military
                Obviously the military stuff goes first! Basically I continued the war against the Japanese. My horsemen quickly assembled and took Osaka while the swordsman near Tokyo (what the hell was it doing there???) was ferried to Satsuma to join another sword that came from the south. Satsuma fell, and the swords were ferried to Yokohama which was destroyed. Tokyo was attacked by the horse stack and was captured, giving us the Great Lighthouse! After healing the horses went on to capture Tokyo and destroy their last city which I forget the name. With the Great Lighthouse, the galley soon ventured forth and discovered the other continent and what a surprise, the Land of Mordor! (Great easter egg Rhoth! )

Meanwhile, in the east, an uneasy peace with the infidel Americans ensued. Once they popped a settler I knew it was time for war. An archer killed the settler group and horses destroyed their eastern city. Meanwhile some swords approached Chicago and after a while of leader farming with too leet horses (which was unsuccessful) I gave up and took the city.

Economy
                The empire is growing steadily, a few markets were built and settler pumping continued without stop. We now have 28 cities and more settlers on the way. We are #1 in everything with a GNP of 192 and 95 megatons of production. We are also the biggest in land area and population. Cities were built with RCP in mind to the maximum extent possible. I am planning the FP in Washington since a ring of very productive cities can be built around it (I am discarding the RCP FP bug since it is a bug, hence an exploit). Washington has a WLTKD which has reduced the time for the FP but it's still a whiles away (game'll probably be over but I'm hoping for many GLs later). Technology wise I did some trading and managed to get into the Medieval Age AND get Feudalism. I am currently hoarding some $$ for upgrades which means slider at 10% but after that, full swing for Mono and Chivalry.

Diplomacy
                We have contact with all civs except one. Our only serious rival is Mordor. They will probably be the team to beat. Our hit list in order: 1) Carthage 2) Germany 3) India 4) Babylon 5) Mordor. What's the evil plan then?

Evil Plan
                Are we going to wait till Chivalry to take on Hannibal? HELL NO!!! Warmonger kill kill kill and kill again, and fresh from our victories it's time to teach Hannibal a lesson or two in warfare. That means med infs, yes you heard me. I currently have 12 with the remaining swords en route. 4 more are in production and I plan a final batch of 8-10 more via upgrades (cutting that iron next turn). That means after the warriors are built it's horses from here to victory, no more med infs (which is why I want to get at carthage with around 25 of them).

To ensure a quick victory over Carthage I plan a significant naval assault. We have 8 galley currently. 2 stacks of 4 will go towards Sabratha and Leptis Magna with 6 med infs and 2 pikes each. Another bigger stack will hit Hippo and move down. After Carthage is done for, the galleys will meet in the south and ferry the armies to Germany (who lacks iron). This should be a very quick victory.

All during this time our empire will be mass producing horses ready for a huge Ansar upgrade. The Ansar army will invade India and later go after Mordor. We have 16 horsemen at the moment, I hope to get at least 30-40 for the initial invasion of India and Babylon. After that a beeline for MT and a final Cavalry assault against Mordor. By then our GA will get us a LOT of troops.

That's pretty much it. Enjoy

Order of Battle
                1 warrior
                4 archers
                13 spearmen
                5 swordsmen
                16 horsemen
                8 galleys
                12 medieval infantry

The save:
                Last edited by Master Zen; October 8, 2003, 02:53.

Comment

Pictures of Arabia

The empire:

The Holy Arabian Navy Battle Fleet

F11

Histograph

Comment

OPERATION HOLY FURY

The picture says it all:

I want to try and get an Ansar into combat before the war is over to speed up unit production before the IC invasion.

EDIT: Sorry, I had tagged the pic as a link.
                    Last edited by Master Zen; October 10, 2003, 12:26.

Comment

Guys - sorry to have been away. Busy week in RL. And only had minimal time for the mano-o-mano election in the ISDG. Will play tomorrow evening,

Damn, I hate work. Sometimes I wish they didn't pay so well and then I would have no compunction about quitting and playing Civ all day.

Rhoth - MZ mentioned an extension. Hope I can make it under the wire.
                      Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Originally posted by Theseus
                        550 BC:

Wow, this really was well-played, Beta.

My only complaint is military... you've got forces spread out in little teams, whereas I prefer fewer and larger stacks.
                        Thanks Theseus.

I agree 100% with your assessment about fewer and larger stacks. It was sort of the way the last round developed, needing a few here to take this American city, or to head back and deal with barbs and Japanese warriors. Or keeping folks back to heal without wanting to hold up the forward progress. As a result, we sort of got strung out more than I like.

I would certainly never do this in a multi-player game - you would get chewed up and spit out. But I figured the Japanese would not have any forces massed, and I wanted to engage them as quickly as I could after taking out the Americans.

Great round by the way, Theseus.

Once again, Rhoth and guys, this is a wonderful format!!
                        Cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war .... aw, forget that nonsense. Beer, please.

Comment

Master Zen - I absolutely loved the name:

AA Rock the Casbah.

*Beta heads to bed still chuckling.

Comment

The discussion period will officially start in a hour or so, but you're savegame will still be accepted tomorrow.

Comment

I will get my save game tomorrow night... Is it too late?
                              Get your science News at Konquest Online!

Comment

It is almost midnight EST so I'm going to go ahead and officially declare the fourth turn block over. Now we will start the process of deciding which saves will begin the next turn block. For this turn block the domination team would choose for the opportunist team and in turn the spaceship team will choose for the domination team.

In the opportunist DAR 4 thread please post your preference for the next turn save for that team. It is also encouraged, though not mandatory, to discuss and critique the individual saves while posting your preference. The time period for discussing and posting your preference will last until 23:59 EST Saturday, and the next turn block will begin on Sunday.

I will keep a running count of the voting updated in the first post of this thread. The choice for the next savegame will be posted in this thread and a brand new DAR 5 thread for the third turn block on Sunday.

Comment

Working...
                                X