Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Here's 1725 BC from Theseus's and my game. (I didn't think to grab a 1750 screenshot, and I'm too lazy to go back for one; besides, 1725 is the year Saberwolf posted.)
    Attached Files

Comment

Interesting... I don't see the chat thingies in my screens either, although Nathan does. :hmm:
      The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

:eeek:, demigod!!!

sabre, Trust me, I will not survive to the AD's...

the AI already has twice my score...
        You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

at demigod, the AI gets 2 starting settlers. so it's surely going to have double your score in the beginning... but you'll be catching up as soon as your settler pump(s) are in place

your human oponent however could be another problem
          - Artificial Intelligence usually beats real stupidity
          - Atheism is a nonprophet organization.

Comment

sabre, want to swap games?

And thank you for setting up this thread.

Dom and I are at 2700BC
            You just wasted six ... no, seven ... seconds of your life reading this sentence.

Comment

1350BC in my last turn for tonight.

I am basically kicking Nathan's *ss.

(NOT... he tied me in score this turn, for whatever that's worth. Good on him! )
              The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Comment

Here's the scores of my game with Theseus as of 1250 BC.
                Attached Files

Comment

B*stard.

Comment

Hey, what do you expect when you slow down your REXing to build a temple in a game I'm involved in? (At least that's what my Praetorian Intelligence Agency believes happened based on Athens's current standing in the "top five cities" chart.)

Edit: The Praetorian Intelligence Agency just noticed that two of the other civs have Literature, and have revised their estimate. It now seems more probable that the building in Athens is a library rather than a temple.

Comment

I'm planning on a culture win. It'll be a tourist attraction down the road, don;t you know.

Comment

I thought Score meant nothing...
                        And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Originally posted by Dominae
                          I thought Score meant nothing...
                          In the early game, score provides a fair indication of how big an empire is. It can be a bit misleading in that a civ with a denser city build pattern will have a lower score than a civ with a less dense pattern, but in the absence of anything better to go by, it's worth keeping track of.

The fact that my score is higher than Theseus's and is growing more quickly tells me that either my empire noticeably is larger than his in the combination of size and population (with size having the stronger impact) or Theseus is using a significantly denser city build pattern than I am. Since I know how dense my own city build pattern is, I can come up with an educated guess at how likely Theseus is to be using a significantly denser one. Similarly, Theseus knows his build pattern and can come up with an educated guess at how likely I am to be using a significantly denser one than he is. We might be guessing wrong, but at least the score picture gives us something to go by as a hint at the relative sizes of our empires.

(There's one other twist to that question: how will the multiplayer nature of this game and the special rules it operates under affect the city build densities Theseus and I use? We each know a little about how the other handles SP games from watching each other's Apolyton University games, but will that be a reliable guide to how we approach this game?)

Nathan

Comment

My thinking exactly... the big wild card being how MP influences our decisions. Score, in the early game, is in my mind kinda "raw horsepower", which is an interesting gauge and worth paying attention, but does not go to the Seven Pillars.

Comment

Well, then, the AIs in Krill and I's game are kicking our butts, no matter how you look at it!
                              And her eyes have all the seeming of a demon's that is dreaming...

Comment

Here are the scores:
                                Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                                X