Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yes, that is correct, from what I recall. It's merely a "dummy" resource to gently nudge the AI into doing what it should be doing
    I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

• Yes, that is correct, from what I recall. It's merely a "dummy" resource to gently nudge the AI into doing what it should be doing
      I make movies. Come check 'em out.

Comment

• Yes, but there are so many "dummy" resources / luxaries, along with some extra "add ability definately already have", that it seems to me to be more inflationary than directing reserach.

(That is increasing the trade value of all techs by the same amount instead of noticeably changing AI reserach path)
        1st C3DG Term 7 Science Advisor 1st C3DG Term 8 Domestic Minister
        Templar Science Minister
        AI: I sure wish Jon would hurry up and complete his turn, he's been at it for over 1,200,000 milliseconds now.

Comment

• Actually, there is a reason for every single dummy luxury in the mod. The current settings were derived after an insane amount of AI testing.

Please read the relevant thread and post your comments/complaints there.

Comment

• Having a job where you basically do next to nothing except empty paper out of recycling bins every once in a while due to wanting to stand up and walk around for a while, leads you to have a lot of time on your hands. So I went through and read quite a few of the discussion topics of the AU Mod through and through. One of those topics was the flavor/preference thread on technologies for the AI, and based on the way that thread ended I can't seem to find any general consensus on what the ultimate decision was on using them. There aren't any mentionings of them in the readme, but I don't know if that's intentional or not to not allow people to understand the AI technology patterns easily. At any rate, could someone give me some clarification on the topic?

What I need to get is a flash drive (cheaper for me than buying a labtop) big enough that can hold an installation of Civ3 on it to play it at work... I wonder if Civ3 exceeds the 1gb mark after installation hmm... Okay, that's enough rambling. Thanks in advance for any response I may receive.
            However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

• BUG!

I'm in my game right now using the AU Mod v1.07, and I'm experiencing a very strange bug in all of my cities. The Cathedral is almost taking the cost of the Colosseum and the Colosseum is taking the cost of the Cathedral, but I don't know if that's precisely what is happening. I checked the biq file of the mod, and the Cathedral shows cost of 16 and the Colosseum shows cost of 11. The civilopedia represents them numbers accurately, as well. Has any been else noticed this bug, because up till now before using this mod I've never seen this happen. Below is a pic to help describe:
              Attached Files
              However, it is difficult to believe that 2 times 2 does not equal 4; does that make it true? On the other hand, is it really so difficult simply to accept everything that one has been brought up on and that has gradually struck deep roots – what is considered truth in the circle of moreover, really comforts and elevates man? Is that more difficult than to strike new paths, fighting the habitual, experiencing the insecurity of independence and the frequent wavering of one’s feelings and even one’s conscience, proceeding often without any consolation, but ever with the eternal goal of the true, the beautiful, and the good? - F.N.

Comment

• What civ are you playing?
                The greatest delight for man is to inflict defeat on his enemies, to drive them before him, to see those dear to them with their faces bathed in tears, to bestride their horses, to crush in his arms their daughters and wives.

Duas uncias in puncta mortalis est.

Comment

• Yeah, that looks to me like you're simply seeing the advantages of the Celts.

Comment

• Re: BUG!

Originally posted by TechWins
                    I'm in my game right now using the AU Mod v1.07, and I'm experiencing a very strange bug in all of my cities. The Cathedral is almost taking the cost of the Colosseum and the Colosseum is taking the cost of the Cathedral, but I don't know if that's precisely what is happening. I checked the biq file of the mod, and the Cathedral shows cost of 16 and the Colosseum shows cost of 11. The civilopedia represents them numbers accurately, as well. Has any been else noticed this bug, because up till now before using this mod I've never seen this happen. Below is a pic to help describe:
                    I think this is not a bug. I think you are simply playing a Religious civ, in which case a Cathedral has a cost of 80 Shields (half price), while a Colosseum still takets 110 to finish.
                    Seriously. Kung freaking fu.

Comment

• Ahhhhh wow I guess that's what only playing Civ3 once in the past year can do to you.

Comment

Working...
                      X