Great Wall vs. Sun Tzu's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Great Wall vs. Sun Tzu's

So, what's your choice? Personally I like Sun Tzu's because it is the more aggressive choice. Also it lasts much longer and barracks, while cheaper to build, do require maintaince and to have one in each city the price really adds up. Thirdly, its lasts until Mobile Warfare which is a helluvalot longer than Metalurgy.

Of course, everything depends on the situation in which you find yourself. If you are under attack on many sides perhaps the Great Wall is the better choice. But if you want to win (vs. AI or humans) I find Sun Tzu's is better.

Whats your view?

- Narz
    Great Wall
    22.58%
    Sun Tzu's War Acadamy
    77.42%
    Shop Amazon thru my Searchbox, thanks! Narz's Chess Page

With the idea that the best defence is a good offense,I also pick Sun's.Vets make all the difference.

The Wall is nice to have also.Expires a tad early but getting it in a MP game for example,pretty much guarantees you will be in the game at least until Metallurgy.Its a very strong wonder as your walls are unsabotagable.Many forbid it in duels.

The barb defend bonus from the wall makes the leader sleep better
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

In a MP game, the Wall.

In a SP game, Sun Tzu... or neither. Where's the banana?
      "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
      "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

In ANY game i will take Suns over GW....

the main reason, i don't plan to hang around till cannons, i plan to end your game around then

but seriously, attacking with vets is huge, the defence of your vets is huge, the vet status when existing units win is huge....

the wall is nice for barbs, but i find for the most part my troops either upgrade to vets b/c of suns, or i just build vet defenders and barbs are no problem....

if under attack i might wimp out and build wall to frustrate my oponent, but i would still rather build suns and take that edge away from him.
        Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Ditto what he said. Unless I'm in a real bad position and it's the only thing that will save me. (that doesn't happen very often)

and GW expires earlier.
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I know I really dislike facing a player with The Wall.It means I will be waiting for cannons whether I like it or not.In a perfect world I want both for waring.The Wall means I keep what I conquer.

Its also very nice or annoying for building those cities on MY terrain specials
            The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Yeah in a duel if you allow your opponent GW you give him a free hand to harass you till metallurgy, without you being able to effectively counterharass.

In a bigger game I have no problem with it, since it does expire with metallurgy, but in a duel it's too powerful.

So in a 4-player STWA all the way. In a duel GW if allowed, but it shouldn't be.

Comment

That's why we only allow GW when there are at least four players in the game.
                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I must assume that this is a SP question as it has not been posted in the MP forum. If this be the case:

BANANA

Both WoWs are nice, but there is so much to be gained from others. For me The Gardens are a virtual must have, after that you need Col + Shake for the SSC - when do I have time to build The Wall? Sun does not normally figure in my tech path, so I get very few oppoertunities to build it - but I do note where it appears and place it high on my target list.

SG[1]
                  "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                  "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Gits
                    I must assume that this is a SP question as it has not been posted in the MP forum.
                    /me and the others consider themselves chided.

Comment

Since Narz stated "(vs. AI or humans) " I don't consider myself chided
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Aha!

/me unchides himself and anyone else he may have inadvertently chided.

Comment

In SP I dont build either, in MP I'll go for SunTsu, mainly for vet Ironclads

But even ST isnt on my first wishlist as its 3 extra techs.

Comment

Spike, you forgot the +1...

and +1...
                            Ankh-Morpork, we have an orangutan...
                            Discworld Scenario: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...8&pagenumber=1
                            POMARJ Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...8&pagenumber=1
                            LOST LEGIONS Scenario:http://www.apolyton.com/forums/showt...hreadid=169464

Comment

TAKING STWA
                              Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Working...
                              X