No announcement yet.

ww2 comparison game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Only 1 city bribed?..well thats more impressive then.No doubt I have taken more losses than I like.Spys would be most handy for getting rid of those walls.Surprising how well a rifle can defend behind walls.
    The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

I just don't see how you can keep your casualities so low, I end up losing 80-100 tanks by the end of the game, the axis just seem to have a limitless supply of bombers to kill tanks when I take cities.
      I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

Me too

I think it is the walls.Spys make short work of walls and then its a total mismatch.Never underestimate the power of spys and vet spys.Espionage is good plan.

That and probably knowing the scenerio like the back of his hand

I was kinda afraid to attack too early lest I be stretched too thin.But I think I give the scenario more credit than it is due.Aggressive appears to be the best way.I keep thinking Red Front
        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Originally posted by Caesar the Great
          the axis just seem to have a limitless supply of bombers to kill tanks when I take cities.
          ...but you are allowed to build fighters. They 'always' suceed when attacking bombers. They very often lose when scrambling to defend a city, but when you lose a fighter (60 shields), you keep a tank (80 shields) and another fighter coming from another city close by should then come and destroy the bomber(120 shields). After a while the Axis (or any other civ for that matter) just can't afford it.
          Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Originally posted by Smash

That and probably knowing the scenerio like the back of his hand

This is perfectly true.
            I have played this map before
            Still, I enjoy it every time , since playing with another civ really makes for a different game.

Comment

Incredible result M. LaFayette - [1] is still playing (hoping for a 20th century victory)

The SGs trying to sober up
              "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
              "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I have no problem getting '44 with the axis or the allies... I just can never get the russians to work fast enough, by the time I'm ready to attack its already mid '42 and I just don't have the tanks to get to America before '46.

I've tried going fundy and republic (that was a disaster) but vet spies in commie is probably the best bonus, especially since the Russian economy cannot really afford to bribe a lot of cities, so killing those walls ASAP is necessary.
                I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

Originally posted by Caesar the Great
                  by the time I'm ready to attack its already mid '42 and I just don't have the tanks to get to America before '46.
                  Have you tried artillery?
                  IIRC Marquis de Sodaq has tested that, attacking vet riflemen behind walls, the results are much better with artillery than armours (and the losses are cheaper: 50 shields each, instead of 80).
                  The problem is: 1 move instead of 3. You need more engineers in order to build RR before any attack.

(yet, I prefer vet spies )

Comment

Artillery is strong enough but losses will be large.Can't see it being overly fast unless you really got lucky in combat.

I looked at my casualties and they are not quite as bad as I thought.Not good though,especially considering there numerous major objectives left

1 engineer
                    1 fanatics
                    6 alpines
                    17 armor
                    6 fighters
                    1 bomber
                    2 transports
                    1 diplomat
                    45 artillery

Comment

AND artillery have no hope of defending a conquered city, maybe some combination of the 2 would be ideal...

Comment

Working...
                      X