Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks, rah

SG[1]
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I'm using Win95 and HutFinder don't work - seems to need msvbvm60.dll Any idea?
      Hmm I remember a picture, where somebody explained it, but I don't find the link in the GL - maybe some help here?
      "Only after the last tree has been cut down,
      only after the last fish has been caught,
      only after the last river has been poisoned,
      only then will you realize that money cannot be eaten."

Comment

Just download the files you need and put them with all the other dlls in your windows directory.

Comment

Sorry CFG - HutFinder is I believe untested until now on win95

SG[1]

Comment

The scrolling is very nice indeed. A great thing just got better.
            Death awaits you all...with nasty, big, pointy teeth

Comment

I just downloaded it. A couple of questions from a computer non savant. The answers are probably in the thread somewhere, but loading the pages takes forever with a 56K modem on a Saturday night, so:

i) Which versions of civ does it run with?

ii) Where should I install the files?

iii) I read that there seems to be some problems depending on which OS you have. I use Windows 98, do I need one of the additional files (or was that only for older versions of Hutfinder)?

Thanks,

Carolus

Comment

Decided to try the updated version - really like the scroll, seems just about right, leaving the initial square on the map at all times.

something to look into for future versions - large maps where you show both move and trade distances still looks funny (works fine as long as you don't show both)

very nice work
                Attached Files
                Insert witty phrase here

Comment

SG, could the program find the seed out also from coordinates of known specials (if a hut is not available in the beginning)?
                  Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

SCG - I have seen the 'noise' before, but not the truncation - shall look further

ST - nope - too much ambiguity

SG[1]

Comment

• too much ambiguity
                      you could use a 'brutal force': to allow a user to input coordinates of squares with specials and after each input to check how many of 16 seed types match until only one seed type matches.

And about the way of the scrolling...
                      What about a compromise? I will allow you to retain the white border for the initial square and you will add another white border and coordinates for the square in the center of view. OK?

Comment

• ST - your generosity overwhelms me!

I shall have a look...

SG[1]

Comment

• Tried to use HutFinder on Early Landing Comparison Game #2 last week; the Seed puts the specials in the right place but a few of them are wrong type. Interesting practical lesson on seeds. I tried your trick of adding 32 but have not found an exact match yet. HutFinder did identify two hidden specials which allowed early city placement to use them later...

Very useful, though. Many thanks. I now keep four windows open when playing: CIV2, NotePad, CIV2PLAN, and HutFinder. At the beginning of ELCG2 I also had a blank MapEditor open with the HF seed and painted in tiles as I explored. Since I learned to log beakers carefully I have dispensed with CIV2Beaker, and attempts to use M$Excel for Supply/Demand calculations slowed everything down and caused many lockups.

For a future version I could only wish for another Tab that kept a NotePad-like page open for my log, and another Tab that had stuff like Tech Paths(perhaps read from a text file?), Delivery Bonus Calculator, Terrain Chart, etc...

Hope you're not choking right now...

Comment

• Neat idea using Civ2Map as well as HF - try increments of 16 to find the match - I got it wrong in my last post

Your ideas are - interesting - and not impossible - I shall think on...

SG[1]

Comment

• I was up in the mid hundreds when I gave up...

No rush on the suggestions- I just use extra NotePads...

Comment

• SG,
                                I thought I will ruin your bussiness with HutFinder but I have only 1 download of the new Beaker&Hut Counter now

Why do you think increments of 16 are needed to find the match? I have supposed that the HutFinder gives a value of Seed mod 32, and since there is only 64 different Seeds the value from HF or the value increased by 32 gives an exact Seed...

Originally posted by Elephant
                                I tried your trick of adding 32 but have not found an exact match yet.
                                Elephant,
                                I tried Early Landing Comparison Game #2 with the new Beakers Counter: HF gives seed 30, and seed 62 matches the seed perfectly...

Comment

Working...
                                X