No announcement yet.

Hut Finder v1.4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rescoure speed used with rescoures. Are "huts" at also these?!

Comment

ottok - yes the resource seed determines both the huts and specials

SG[1]
      "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
      "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

How can you obtain the location coordinates in version 2.42? It would seem that they do not appear unlike in other versions except when the cheat mode is enabled. Your program is marvelous and very useful and for that I thank you.
        Last edited by goape; March 15, 2003, 14:05.

Comment

Originally posted by goape
          How can you obtain the location coordinates in version 2.42? It would seem that they do not appear unlike in other versions except when the cheat mode is enabled.
          update your version to 2.42. I like to point out i used to have Civ II version 1.07 at one point. There were quite a few little things changed in the various patches, like taking away the ignore ZOC for engineers, preventing Bombers from fortifying in open terrain, adding the highlighting of celebrating cities on F4, adding coordinates, etc
          Insert witty phrase here

Comment

Originally posted by goape
            How can you obtain the location coordinates in version 2.42? It would seem that they do not appear unlike in other versions except when the cheat mode is enabled. Your program is marvelous and very useful and for that I thank you.
            I'm using 2.42 and location coordinates appear under viewing pieces in the status window. Have I misunderstood your question?

RJM at Sleepers
            Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Originally posted by rjmatsleepers
              I'm using 2.42 and location coordinates appear under viewing pieces in the status window. Have I misunderstood your question?
              RJM at Sleepers
              I was responding to Goape as i'm not sure he is using the most updated version of Civ 2. I used to have the same problem until i learned you could see the civ version on the game options screen (Ctrl-O). As the attached graphic shows, in earlier releases of the game, location was not included when viewing pieces (toggle 'v')
              Attached Files
              Last edited by SCG; March 16, 2003, 09:51.
              Insert witty phrase here

Comment

Thanks for that SCG

SG[1]

Comment

SG,
                  why can't you make it scrollable? I think the implementation would be easy - only addition needed is that the program responds to arrow keys.
                  Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

ST - you are, of course, completely correct - will give it a go when I have a chance.

SG[1]

Comment

New Version Alert

Thanks to all - especially SlowThinker - for their input. A new version that removes the need to delete old co-ordinates and allows limited scrolling of the schematic will be released within an hour or so - look in the first post for v1.4.3

SG[1]

Comment

v1.4.3 now available

SG[1]

Comment

It is much better, but I will cavil again :

Why is scrolling limited?
                          Also I would scroll the centered tile (with a white border) too - it could remain always in the center of the window: the X,Y coordinates would be adjusted automately.

Formerly I suggested to allow to write the notes (for example 'London', 'cap', 'whales') in the picture. I know the implementation would be complicated this way, but now I realized that you could add just one editable field besides the X, Y fields. The field would change along with X, Y coordinates.

The Load searches in 'Documents' by default. But the .hut files should be stored with .sav files IMHO. So the default search in the folder where the HutFinder.exe remains would be a good solution. (Then I could put one copy of HutFinder in my Civ2 classic directory and another on in the MGE directory.)

Comment

ST - thanks again for your comments

1) I thought of that - but felt that this would lead to confusion as the scroll moved - particularly as there is a highlighted square on the civ board from which you have taken the original co-ords -- and remember, many of us use this gadget while seriously enebriated

2) Yes - easy to implement, but requires a vast amount of storage - many Civ players are Civ players because their machines are far from current spec - such an overhead might not be acceptable

3) Good idea - maybe next fiddle - personally I keep each game in a separate folder and save the .hut file there -- perhaps the best idea would be to have HutFinder remember where you last saved the .hut file

Thanks again, SG[1]

Comment

1)
                              I think it wouldn't be confusing because you would see all huts and specials moving in one direction.
                              The main advantage would be that you could easily get the coordinates of chosen huts and specials. You woudn't have to count them - I think this is good especially if you are in an staggery status

2)
                              There wouldn't be very much of squares with notes. So you could grab the memory dynamically.

3)
                              I agree.

Comment

Just download and tried it. VERY KEWL. Good Job.

And my opinion on the scrolling is that I'm glad it's limitied. Once you scroll outside of the target square range, it would be confusing.

WELL DONE.

RAH
                                It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                                X