Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it better to deliver a cara to a small city that wants it or big one that doesn't?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

- can't be - he has too much lag on his satelite dish.

SG[1]
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Hehe compared to a 56K modem the satellite broadband will be grease lightning, even with higher latency than normal broadband.

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
        it shouldn't switch back and forth just like that.....but tech and other factors do come into play....

i used to think each city had a certain time limit for demands..but i think we all know that it just a myth and can be proven false by mathematics.....
        Samson did some great work on this.

It's not the easiest thing to understand and figure out every single detail, but the general gist is useful. I have used the info to improve my percentage that a city will still demand what i'm sending on some of the slightly longer routes. Sometimes it's easy to see that what you're delivering is never going to be still demanded in a few turns. While granted, in MP you don't have a lot of time to go through the details every turn, but the general themes are worth knowing. All the people that contributed deserve some credit.

RAH
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

i have read thatand i understand the gist of it too....but gist, and reality are two differnt things in MP when you have limited time....

as for ships...anytime i see one i panic, b/c more than likely its just a dip which isn't going to really hurt you..but if its more than one ship, i grab for the handles
          Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Just the city size and tech path are a good indicator most of the time. Paying attention to those can be done in the limited time in mp, and you won't get burned much.
            It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

agreed, but by the time the mid game shows up, sometimes i quit paying attention....

my attention span for civ isnt' what it used to be......
              Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

In extreme cases you might even forget you are playing whilst playing.

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
                  agreed, but by the time the mid game shows up, sometimes i quit paying attention....

my attention span for civ isnt' what it used to be......
                  Yes, TFs can be distracting. (of course that is based completely on hearsay.)

RAH
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

? TF ? or am I being naive?

SG[1]

Comment

No, while it's a reasonably private joke among a few of us that I prefer not to share at this time, Please feel free to substitute "not that obscure of a sexual favor" for TF and you will get the general gist.

RAH
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

If they can't figure out what a TF is, they have never had one
                        Keep on Civin'
                        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Thanks - :comprehension: --- I was thinking
                          SG[1]

Comment

What?

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Gits
                              Thanks - :comprehension: --- I was thinking
                              SG[1]
                              Nah, War's euphemism of choice is 'the hippie lettuce', which is a cool euphemism.

Comment

Delivered the cara to the non-demanding city and got 32 lousy roubles for it.
                                Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

Working...
                                X