Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it better to deliver a cara to a small city that wants it or big one that doesn't?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it better to deliver a cara to a small city that wants it or big one that doesn't?

I have this dilemna at the moment. I can deliver a cara to a small size 2 city that demands the trade (cloth) or to a large city, about size 8, that doesn't demand the trade.

Both cities are about the same distance from the city that produced the cara but the size 8 city is on the same continent as the cara producing city and the size 2 city which demands the trade is on an island.

Which city should I send the cara to?
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

whats in the big city improvement wise, do you have the optimal path set up, rail, road ect?
    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Its not my city so I don't know. Both cities belong to a different civ. There is no road link to my civ.
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

Size 2. Demanded goods on a different continent should pay better.

I'm Assuming the government types of both cities are the same.

-------------------------

SG(2)
        "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
        "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

I'd plump for the size 2 as well..........the payoff should be ok, and for ongoing the city wont be size 2 forever.

Comment

Originally posted by DrSpike
            I'd plump for the size 2 as well..........the payoff should be ok, and for ongoing the city wont be size 2 forever.
            In addition a size 2 is more likely to grow to size 3 by the time you despatch the van.

DrSpike ... what happened to Ricardo?

-----------------------

SG(2)
            "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
            "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

You really don't have enough information to make an "exact" choice. Either city could be better depending on a lot of information you really don't know.
              Keep on Civin'
              RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Like?

Comment

City improvements for a start... what is the trade level of both cities. Are they actually working the trade squares that are available to the city... If you have a harbor, does either of the cities...

There are a lot of factors that come into play...
                  Keep on Civin'

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Gits

DrSpike ... what happened to Ricardo?

-----------------------

SG(2)
                    Ricardo will make an imperious return, but for now I thought LeChuck would make a nice change.

Comment

I'd deliver it to the larger city in most cases, unless the terrain really sucks around the larger city. The odds are that the larger city will have more than twice the trade arrows of the smaller city so the bonus will be bigger. And if you've rigged your cities with roads right, you still get the road bonus even without being connected.
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Originally posted by rah
                        And if you've rigged your cities with roads right, you still get the road bonus even without being connected.
                        Good point...
                        Keep on Civin'

Comment

I would go with the smaller demanding city, unless you can get the road bonus.

Also much depends on the commodity, since demand bonuses differ considerably.

A good general rule to go by is to pick the city that provides more benefits that MULTIPLY base payments.

Of course, the best and exact answer can be found in Samson's thread detailing commodity payments.

Comment

Originally posted by solo
                            Of course, the best and exact answer can be found in Samson's thread detailing commodity payments.
                            Yeah... but knowing how the value is calculated doesn't do you any good if you don't know specifically what all the variables in the other city are
                            Keep on Civin'

Comment

True, but with the AI's obsession with choosing food over trade, the odds are that the size two city is only producing 1 trade arrow, unless there's a food special that gets a trade bonus in reach. Once a city gets to size 8, all the good food squares have already been selected so trade squares might actually be selected. And unless they've been constantly at war, there's been time for some infrastructure to be built, especially roads.
                              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                              X