No announcement yet.

Super Trieme?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jos teet scnerion, aloita 3000 bc ja pistä jotakin lisää laita nimi ja nettiin
    ja toista tätä parisenkymmentä kertaa, lähetä myös joku viesti... pidä pieni taukko (3 vuotta on hyvä)
    Niin eitköhän sinäkin ole MINÄ?!

As you say in your country Civ 2 is great

Welcome back

---------------------

SG(2)
    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
      DaveV, you were still able to move the units after that though ?
      Yes. I remember one game with a particularly large continent where I had to reissue my go-to orders twice for a particular path. Evidence suggests to me that a unit can only move a certain number of squares on a goto before it stops with the "do you want to continue?" prompt. If you play normal-sized maps, or finish things up before railroad, you're unlikely to see it, since you have to make a looong go-to move before you pass the threshold.

Comment

Niin eitköhän sinäkin ole MINÄ?!

roughly translates as

All your base are belong to ME!

... maybe

SG[1]

Comment

You newer walk alone?

Comment

Originally posted by ottok
            You newer walk alone?
            Yes the songs of Liverpool! But it should read:

"You never walk alone"

---------------------

SG(2)

Comment

Originally posted by DaveV

Yes. I remember one game with a particularly large continent where I had to reissue my go-to orders twice for a particular path. Evidence suggests to me that a unit can only move a certain number of squares on a goto before it stops with the "do you want to continue?" prompt. If you play normal-sized maps, or finish things up before railroad, you're unlikely to see it, since you have to make a looong go-to move before you pass the threshold.
              when i MP its small worlds, but when i SP its always on large worlds.....

i never noticed the correlation to "how far" my units have had to go......but i do remember some engineers getting trapped in pockets and moving around like idiots and having the message pop up.....not sure i have ever seen it twice for the same unit in the same turn....

i must have a few more engineers closer to where i want them to go?

ironically not many people talk about settler/engineer maintenance..which IMO is quite important in civ games
              Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

but why?

Comment

I never use goto - ever since Civ I when i tried it and a caravan decided it was quicker to drive into an un-roaded swamp than it was to follow the railroad to the city. I tried it in MGE not that long ago on a map with a lot of railroad. Placed the freight 3 spaces NE of the target city, with railroad leading directly into the city and it decided to go back and forth along the railroad east-west away from the city, rather than go SW directly to the city (along the railroad). It wasn't even close to the international date line either... so i never use goto
                  Insert witty phrase here

Comment

yeah love it when they move off the road and onto the crappy unroaded mountain
                    Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

In SP i used to use the goto command in the middle game to assist in caravan moving. Trial and error on those major runs across a continent to your major transport ports. Keep reloading till you found the right sequence of cities then use the proven one.

In MP, can't risk it. But the goto command has another use that I do use in MP every game. It is helping map out the optimal road network between cities for the road trade bonus when the optimal path isn't obvious.

RAH
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Ai unhelps?

Comment

Working...
                        X