No announcement yet.

Surprise attack bonus

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No we have three Comps. Two desktops and one laptop. BUT only one connection to the Internet. While we've considered hooking up the one in her bedroom, I'm not sure whether I want her to have one in there. At least in the family room, we can control the usage a bit. (what little control you actually have over teenagers )
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Understood and agreed. The one in my teen's room does not get Internet access either.

But unless it's homework, I get first dibs.
      Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
      RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

• and that is why i don't have kids yet, not willing to give up my internet
        Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

• You don't have to give up your internet to have kids - just lock them out of the house.

Works for me.
          Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

• Originally posted by War4ever
            and that is why i don't have kids yet, not willing to give up my internet
            That sounds better than what I usually say.
            "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
            "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

• Originally posted by Scouse Gits
              Don't quote me - I'm working from memory - it's all in the GL-Combat thread.

SG[1]
              I've just read the GL-Combat thread so I can see where I was going wrong. Serves me right for reading (and beliveing) the manual.

(Makes mental note in future only to read the manual when all else fails.)

RJM at Sleepers
              Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

• that's why you rarely see RTFM on these threads

SG[1]
                "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

• Originally posted by rjmatsleepers

I've just read the GL-Combat thread so I can see where I was going wrong. Serves me right for reading (and beliveing) the manual.

(Makes mental note in future only to read the manual when all else fails.)

RJM at Sleepers
                  Hehe, I lost my manual 2 weeks after buying the game.......it worked out in my favour I think.

Comment

• [OT] RJM what's Sleepers? [/OT]

Glad you found the GL of some use

SG[1]
                    "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                    "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

• Sorry JR, the daughter was queen last night. *sigh*
                      It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                      RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• uh Spke, not sure if its helped your game ....
                        Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

• It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

• Originally posted by rah
                            No we have three Comps. Two desktops and one laptop. BUT only one connection to the Internet. While we've considered hooking up the one in her bedroom, I'm not sure whether I want her to have one in there. At least in the family room, we can control the usage a bit. (what little control you actually have over teenagers )
                            Get one of those Cable/DSL routers. The SMC one comes with wireless, a 4-port hub and can do NAT so multiple users share one line. I've got two laptops doing wireless anywhere in the house and the desktop for Real Work...

Comment

Welcome back M le Marquis.

SG[1]
                              Thanks, good day to you, Sir Git.

rjmatsleepers, did you catch the bit about how the game uses integers, but in multiples of 8? That's the key - also, hit points are x10, giving you an order of magnitude more rounds for each battle.

Warrior vs warrior (both green) gives the attacker ~29% chance of success. Rah might be on to something, from the look of his initial runs...
                              The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                              intelligence to few.

Comment

[OT] RJM what's Sleepers? [/OT]

Glad you found the GL of some use

SG[1]
                                Sleeper's is the name of a house.

Originally posted by Marquis de Sodaq

rjmatsleepers, did you catch the bit about how the game uses integers, but in multiples of 8? That's the key
                                I caught that and read the GL entry. I hadn't realised that the win rate was so low. I rarely attack unless I think my chances of winning are close to 90%

RJM at Sleepers
                                Fill me with the old familiar juice

Comment

Working...
                                X