No announcement yet.

Location of Huts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I presume from context they are the X,Y coordinates of three specials in a group.

Do you have MapEditor? Try starting with a blank ocean map and change the Resource Seed in increments of 16 (2-18-34-50, 3-19-35-51, etc...). Then do increments of 64.

Comment

Originally posted by Elephant in Which utilities/helpers do you use?
      Beware, though, that HF calculates a "base" seed, not the exact seed; the specials will be in the right place, but they may be the opposite "type" (Whale or Fish). To get the seed right you need to expose more of the map to see several groups of specials, then experiment with the seed in MapEditor by adding 16 or 32 repetitively until you get the right arrangement.
      I see HutFinder shows values up to 32 (or 31?). Since there is 64 different seeds, you have to try 2 seeds if you want to find out the correct seed?
      Why hut finder doesn't distinguish between seeds x and x+32? There is not sufficient information from one hut position?
      ...then experiment with the seed in MapEditor by adding 16 or 32 repetitively...
      I suppose adding 32 once would be sufficient...?
      Civ2 "Great Library Index": direct download, Apolyton attachment

Comment

Determining the type of special (fish/whale)

I found the rule: the type of special depends directly on the coordinates, but is different for seed patterns 0-15, 16-31, 32-47, 48-63. The layout is tessellated: seed 0-15 has chessboard tiles of size 1x1, seed 16-31 has tiles of size 2x2, seed 32-47 has 4x4, seed 48-63 has 8x8. See the attached .mp files: fish types are marked as wheat, whale as jungle.

NSum = (X + Y)/2 ; NDiff = (X - Y)/2
        A note: if you turn the map by 45 degrees anticlockwise then the x coordinate corresponds to NSum and y coordinate corresponds to NDiff.
        So you see that the fish/whale type of specials depends on NSum, NDiff coordinates by a simple way.

Comment

I forgot to attach the file with patterns...
          Attached Files

Comment

To be complete: the rule mathematically:

nomenclature: size of a chessboard tile:
            ChessboardConstant=CC=2^(Seed div 16)

the rule:
            The special is the whale type even as (NSum mod (2*CC)) div CC = (NDiff mod (2*CC)) div CC
            Last edited by SlowThinker; March 29, 2003, 22:16.

Comment

A program (originally coded in Delphi) will be posted in a new thread momentarily ... (Civ2 Beakers Counter )

ST

Comment

getting seed number also from specials

Civ2Beakers/Civ2Admin version 0.4 can do it:

Comment

Working...
                X