No announcement yet.

16ad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, La Fayette, the Tower was a tribute to the French, for all their help in the game. Heh heh!

Actually, I hoped it would improve diplomatic relations at that point, after launch, when the AI was chomping at the bit to attack my 20+ size1 cities defended by a handful of diplos.

Comment

Veeerryyyy impressive. Just when I thought I was getting good at Civ, you show me this!
      "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
      "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

As a newbie to these forums, and as a complete hack at te beloved Civ2 in comparison to most of you fine players, I am completely in awe of this... I read this thread and was totally speechless. 16AD is incredible.

Comment

Tarkin, don't let it put you off - not everyone is into early landings -- most of us have to remain content with Sixteenth Century landings rather than Sixteenth Year ...

SG[1]
          "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
          "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

No worries - it certainly hasn't put me off SG1! On the contrary, these forums and all the great tips and strategies are inspiring me to improve and (hopefully) win at Deity level!

Although at this stage, I'm usually pretty happy if my Civs survive until the end of the game at Deity level...

Comment

STYOM - thank you.

Tarkin - Thanks. SG's right, Early Landing is a game-within-a-game, something like OCC. It demands a narrowly focused strategy. But like all such challenges, this single-mindedness often reveals aspects of the greater game which otherwise go unnoticed. And a very early date requires a great start and excellent luck.

SG1- Speaking of 16th century landings ... I have just completed an OCC game with a size1 city in which I landed on AC in 1586!, beating my previous best date for a size 1 city by more than two hundred years.

Comment

I would certainly like to see details about this one, unless you are completely worn out from all that begging for gold!

1586 is ahead of the majority of all OCC games that have been played with full-sized cities, too. Nice going, again!!!

Comment

Solo,

Okay, I'll post a mini-log for this one. A full log would be too painful to do, since the bulk of the game consists of begging for gold and building freights. But I'll try to cover the main points of strategy.

Comment

samson
                    do you play with an arm tied behind your back?

(1586AD with ONE city size ONE : you make us all feel like awkward rookies)
                    Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Working...
                    X