Huts and 2nd move

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Huts and 2nd move

I often get barbs when tipping a hut with the 2nd move of a 4-legged unit or a diplo so that my exploring unit is destroyed (cannot escape, no move left to attack or to bribe). Did you notice that, too?
    There are no silly questions - only silly answers
    <a href="http://www.sethos.gmxhome.de">Strategy Guide</a>

No, because (unless I'm racing an AI unit to the hut) I always wait until the following turn. Is it real, or just a perceived occurence?
    The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
    intelligence to few.

Comment

i have noticed this as well..but usuually later in the game... i tend to do what Marquis does.....wait until the next turn..the ai is often too dumb to take the hut anyways
      Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

It seems random to me... so if i have a 2 move unit, i usually wait until until i have full movement to take a hut on plains or grassland so I can kill any barb that appears
        Keep on Civin'
        RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Unless there's pressing need to tip the hut, I'll wait till i have both movement points if its on plains or grass.
          (i.e I'm two turns from alpha and if I'm going to get a tech I want it before I choose the third tech so I don't screw up the monarchy direct path)
          It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Once bitten twice shy...

SG[1]
            "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
            "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Three times and your out
              Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

rah had piercing eyes on his previous avatar.
                Ming has piercing eyes NOW.
                I guess those eyes are precious when looking at a hut and trying to find out whether it is going to spoil your direct path to Monarchy.
                Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

LOL @ war4, the last time I waited on a hut for the full two movement points, one of war4's units came up took the hut and used the archer he got to kill my horse.

RAH
                  It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                  RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

war4 also deserves an avatar with piercing eyes
                    Aux bords mystérieux du monde occidental

Comment

Originally posted by La Fayette
                      I guess those eyes are precious when looking at a hut and trying to find out whether it is going to spoil your direct path to Monarchy.
                      I hope to have a semi-definitive answer on this later tonight - after tipping about 750 huts before 3500 BC.
                      "I'm a guy - I take everything seriously except other people's emotions"

"Never play cards with any man named 'Doc'. Never eat at any place called 'Mom's'. And never, ever...sleep with anyone whose troubles are worse than your own." - Nelson Algren
                      "A single death is a tragedy, a million deaths is a statistic." - Joseph Stalin (attr.)

Comment

Working...
                      X