No announcement yet.

The first wonder to build

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The only time I go for pyramids is when I get aced out of all the Happy wonders thereby making celebrating a lot less efficient. In MP games, the race for wonders is much more competitive than the AI. There are so many ones that I really like, so Pyramids is an after thought. HG, STWA, LH, Mikes, Leos, help more. But I will take pyramids if it's left.

RAH
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Rah, are you still playing 2x production? I have this idea of a settler factory in 2x. Size 6 capital found at shielded grass with 3 forest and 4 shielded grass in city radius. Can pump up a settler every other turn if managed correctly (even doesn't need irrigation). However I'm struggling between this idea and making the capital a wonder building city. In MP you can catch up with anything except wonders, so losing a wonder is very painful.

Comment

Yes, still 2x, The capital is usually a trade center anyway, (as long as you can find a trade special to start) the lack of corruption prior to and during monarchy makes it the logical place to build your ssc. (and other wonders) So you really want to up the pop. The second city is usually the better settler factory. But as your empire expands, it takes too long to get your settlers out from your core, (and they're usually building the road network) so the settler production shifts to the fringes of your empire.

And if you build in rings, your capital (or near it) is the best place to build wonders from a defensive standpoint.

More and more fringe cities are being lost to other civs.
        (my cap even once when it was exposed).

RAH
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Yes the key for your wonders is to buiild them either in the center of a large ring...or on great def terrain....

exposed capitals to water can be hazardous to ones health.....

but your wonders can go anywhere aside from the SSC which you want in your cap or in the highest rade city and then switch the empires capital to there....

alot of fringe cities falling by the way side......border towns need vets and barracks.....one warrior on gold will not live.....
          Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
            exposed capitals to water can be hazardous to ones health.....
            Yep, it's nice to have some water so you have some flexibility for placing your workers, but it's nice if it's an inland sea that you can protect. But on small maps sometimes it's hard to avoid, when you start in the far corner of the world.

RAH
            RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Maybe if you played 1/1, the Pyramids would go up on your list.

Oh and what is LH?

Comment

Light House

Comment

Working...
                X