When do civs restart?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

...uhh nice info i guess
    I'm 49% Apathetic, 23% Indifferent, 46% Redundant, 26% Repetative and 45% Mathetically Deficient.

Comment

Originally posted by Caesar the Great
      ...uhh nice info i guess
      Sorry CtG, didn't see your question and was responding to the general thread.

I too do not usually play with Civ's restarting. Seems a bit pointless if your intent is to conquer; and even my AC games tend to end up with a token AI city. I think it must be for the challenge??? Maybe for foreign trade purposes??? Maybe it's just that it is the default setting??? Or maybe there is a really cool reason that doesn't come to mind. The primary rule is to have fun, right??
      so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Now of course the question of: is it 1500 ad or is a certain number of turns? arises.These are different from level to level and also different map sizes have different amount of turns.......
        The only thing that matters to me in a MP game is getting a good ally.Nothing else is as important.......Xin Yu

Comment

Originally posted by Smash
          Now of course the question of: is it 1500 ad or is a certain number of turns? arises.These are different from level to level and also different map sizes have different amount of turns.......
          Yes!!! Very good question. Could very well be setting dependent. (That's why I noted the settings in my post.) Perhaps folks who regularly play with the restart ticked could backcheck some of their old saved games. An actual game may give a more reliable result than cheat mode testing.
          so long and thanks for all the fish

Comment

Originally posted by GP
            I think they need distance from your units though.
            Nope. I once had a civ respawn in a tile adjacent to my veteran elephant. They respawned again the next turn.
            The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
            intelligence to few.

Comment

i was teaching a girl how to play civ yesterday...we played the easiest settings , i wasn't paying attention to the years and each time we got monarchy i felt like we all used to when we played civ back in the day before Oedo years......i didn't know what years to revolt on....it goes by different increments so we had a few years of anarchy

anyways, on topic....they don't need distance it seems, not sure about the exact year, and i have seeen the same color respawn on the same continent too many times...how many times should i have to kill montezuma????? i mean thats taking the revenge thing a bit too far

War4, incapable of doing Oedo on Chieftan
              Boston Red Sox are 2004 World Series Champions!

Comment

Originally posted by War4ever
                i was teaching a girl how to play civ yesterday...
                That's a great new chat-up line. "Do come in and see my warriors"

-------------------

SG(2)
                "Our words are backed by empty wine bottles! - SG(2)
                "One of our Scouse Gits is missing." - -Jrabbit

Comment

Originally posted by Scouse Gits
                  That's a great new chat-up line. "Do come in and see my warriors"

-------------------

SG(2)
                  Or rather, "my Eiffel Tower"

OnT - I, too have destroyed the same civ several times in a game. I suspect they must only be a certain distance from any existing cities, maybe taking continents into effect.
                  The first President of the first Apolyton Democracy Game (CivII, that is)

The gift of speech is given to many,
                  intelligence to few.

Comment

Originally posted by Marquis de Sodaq

I once had a civ respawn in a tile adjacent to my veteran elephant.
                    Me too. I posted, maybe a year or two ago, about wiping out the same color three times ON ONE TURN. The AI tries to give the new civ a space of its own, but clearly it doesn't always succeed....

Comment

Working...
                    X